Options

Is This SPANish

MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
edited December 9, 2004 in Landscapes
I love to make pictures that are a play on words or a bad pun. I am going to be trying to make more and more of these...

This one is stretching a bit...litterally, as it is a Bridge with Graphiti..or a new language I call SPANish.. Let me know if this picture has enough punch to be considered the Arch De TriOOMPH!!

MainFragger

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    I had to read your description to understand what I was seeing! That's a very interesting shot.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    MainFragger
    Cool shot looks good to me

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    I love this... Grafitti can be so colorful, it is so artistic if you really look at it. Love how the shadows of light and dark play here...
    What bugs me is the big white space - the matte -
    The frame detracts from the shot. I also have some questionmarks about the white door in the middle... I love the sides though and the light and how the colors are there. For me this is a truly good pic, if you take out the middle door and the white frame. Show me more!!!
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    it looks like art ] graffiti not the pic.I very much like the pic well done very nice] but when it turns your city into a billboard for the stupid and a group that's has no respect for the city and other people that live there then it crap or s--- and many more words. oh and i do not want to understand the poor fellow i would like him to paint the inside of a cell . Then we can have a photo day at the jailPissed.gif.OK from the soap box to work i go
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2004
    Yeah...
    photocat wrote:
    I love this... Grafitti can be so colorful, it is so artistic if you really look at it. Love how the shadows of light and dark play here...
    What bugs me is the big white space - the matte -
    The frame detracts from the shot. I also have some questionmarks about the white door in the middle... I love the sides though and the light and how the colors are there. For me this is a truly good pic, if you take out the middle door and the white frame. Show me more!!!
    I gotta find a better framing program. This was just the coolest looking frame I found, but yeah, once I applied it, too much white space..and on the sample, I didn't even see the door. But it was at 1:30/2 in the AM and I was beat, so I let it rest. Truthfully, I only tried the frame because I wanted to get an idea of what impact it would have on the file size..
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2004
    Graphitti
    jwear wrote:
    it looks like art ] graffiti not the pic.I very much like the pic well done very nice] but when it turns your city into a billboard for the stupid and a group that's has no respect for the city and other people that live there then it crap or s--- and many more words. oh and i do not want to understand the poor fellow i would like him to paint the inside of a cell . Then we can have a photo day at the jailPissed.gif.OK from the soap box to work i go
    Sometimes it bothers me, but usually I just tune it out. On bridges and on most buildings it doesn't really bother me that much. I just hate when you see it on something that is suppose to be a work of art to begin with. I've seen some statues end up with it. And some murals in train stations. And a few buildingside community paintings. That burns me. At that point,to heck with jail...I can be more evil than that. Except the law would then come down on me. Sigh! Life just isn't fair sometimes..
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    Sometimes it bothers me, but usually I just tune it out. On bridges and on most buildings it doesn't really bother me that much. I just hate when you see it on something that is suppose to be a work of art to begin with. I've seen some statues end up with it. And some murals in train stations. And a few buildingside community paintings. That burns me. At that point,to heck with jail...I can be more evil than that. Except the law would then come down on me. Sigh! Life just isn't fair sometimes..
    glad you got my point ! it was not you or the pic i like the pic clap.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2004
    THIS is SPANish!
    I reworked the image a bit, and left the frame out. Hope you like.

MainFragger
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2004
    hi mainfragger,

I like the no-frame, but prefer the first image, as it seems crisper.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2004
    fish wrote:
    hi mainfragger,

I like the no-frame, but prefer the first image, as it seems crisper.

Here, Here. I do prefer the no framer, but like the colors and the contrast in the first one better. The first one was darker too...
    Ideal would probably be the first pic without the frame
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    Here, Here. I do prefer the no framer, but like the colors and the contrast in the first one better. The first one was darker too...
    Ideal would probably be the first pic without the frame

Well, this time around, I started with a brighter version of the picture, but I admit it had a little less detaill. I tried to adjust for color and brightness to what lightwise suited my tastes. I tend to like bright crisp pictures...and since I had to shoot at a slow speed to get this shot while it was handheld, I lost a little in the cripness dept. So I at least was trying to go for the brightest shot. But I can see now that that just emphasizes its lack of crispness. Alright...tomorrow I may try one last time to really get it to be what I want it to be. If anything, I have to say that I am getting to know a few up till now unutilized skills in my editing program. And I already have something in mind for the next update of the image that may help a lot..

MainFragger
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2004
    I think this one may have turned out right...
    This is my third attempt to get this image to "pop".
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2004
    This is my third attempt to get this image to "pop".

Third time good time. This works. You also see through the door, makes you want to go in and take a look at the rest.
    Very interesting buildiing. It looks great now... Maybe just a tad more contrast and then you can stop fiddling with it... :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2004
    I hope this finally does it...
    I played a little more with the images in the same way I tend to never be able to leave scabs alone. I have two versions..I like them both for separate reasons. The color because its colorful..but I like the Sepia because its a little moodier.
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2004
    Here is the sepia version...
    Hope you like..
  • Options
    doyledoyle Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2004
    Quick question MainFragger, where is that bridge? It looks remarkably similar to one that crosses Lincoln Drive in Philadelphia. Any chance that's it?

If so, I once dropped a 5 gallon bucket of Cheez Wiz from the top that exploded on the road. rolleyes1.gif

OK OK, I was young and it was funny at the time, and of course, we made sure no cars were coming.
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2004
    Not Lincon Dr.
    This is in Wissahickon state park..
  • Options
    doyledoyle Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2004
    I knew it looked familiar.