Red Sox Fan

Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
edited September 4, 2006 in People
What a Red Sox Fan looks like lately:

91446509-L.jpg

and a joke to go along with it...

A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Boston courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents, and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents, and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family, and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Boston Red Sox, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.
My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4

Comments

• DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    rolleyes1.gifThat's a good one, certainly true lately! You can tell by my avatar I'm a fan and I've seen worse times than this, but this has been a disappointing month, no doubt about it.

Here's hoping the conditions of Ortiz (irregular heartbeat, hospitalized for a few days) and Lester (Swollen lymph nodes, they are checking for cancer) are nothing serious. Brings the point home that sports mean nothing in the grand scheme of things -
  • fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    Funny stuff. I never imagined a 14 game turn, wait let me check the paper... make that 15 game turn since the all star break. Oh well I guess as long as the Yankees lose.

I also have been praying for Papi and Jon. I hope everything turns out for the best.