first person
32% 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    andy wrote:
    please vote
    headscratch.gif um I know what the middle one means....ne_nau.gif whats a triptych... it's not in my vocab...is it a drug thing???
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    TRIPTYCH: A painting in three sections, usually an altarpiece, consisting of a central panel and two outer panels, or wings. In many medieval triptychs the two outer wings were hinged so that could be closed over the center panel. Early triptychs were often portable.

Thank you google, I didn't know either...
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    TRIPTYCH: A painting in three sections, usually an altarpiece, consisting of a central panel and two outer panels, or wings. In many medieval triptychs the two outer wings were hinged so that could be closed over the center panel. Early triptychs were often portable.

Thank you google, I didn't know either...
    Thank you DJ...:D
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    I voted for triptych. I think it would be very different, and with all the creative folks here it could be phenominal!
  • Options
    BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    First person? I know what it means but could someone show a frist person photograph please?
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    first person examples
    ... you are in the photo or it's something happening to you :D

11818372-L.jpg

12251456-L.jpg

12251536-M.jpg
  • Options
    BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    Very nice, thanks.
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • Options
    DaveRichDaveRich Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    Makes a mental note to NEVER play poker with Andy...
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2004
    I would like to see an example of a triptych, please.

You all, this challenge does go over Christmas weekend. I am thinking of portrait opportunities.............I have none here, except dogs, me (the other category) and Bill. I would like a little girl for that, an old looking person, are there any more these days, something distinctive. Basically I have baby boomers.............and boys. That would be Christmas weekend when I have no access to CS.

So, let me see what this tryptich thing is in the mind of a photographer, please.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2004
    triptych examples here
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I would like to see an example of a triptych, please.

You all, this challenge does go over Christmas weekend. I am thinking of portrait opportunities.............I have none here, except dogs, me (the other category) and Bill. I would like a little girl for that, an old looking person, are there any more these days, something distinctive. Basically I have baby boomers.............and boys. That would be Christmas weekend when I have no access to CS.

So, let me see what this tryptich thing is in the mind of a photographer, please.

ginger

here you go, ginger - and all
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2004
    I love the triptych photo thing, basically three photos around a theme. But wouldn't they be beautiful in the spring. And so many "close ups", but not all.

I don't know if I have the time right now for such an exciting Challenge...so I will think on it. It is truly lovely.

ginger
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 8, 2004
    andy wrote:
    a ha... I knew what a triptych was, have one up in my house actually, a lovely 3 panel painting by a friend. So I was wondering that this would be a photo competition of paintings.

(is there a sleeping smiley zzzzz) :D

So if that is the case, we could take 3 photos? Dunno if I like that... potential for some people to put a lotta work into it. Don't think I'm up for that, especially over the holidays as Ginger mentioned.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Ben:::DBen:::D Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2004
    Ohhh, It's not THAT much work. Sometimes you just get three right in a row...

...and yes, she is the cutest thing in the world. :D
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2004
    Ben:::D wrote:
    Ohhh, It's not THAT much work. Sometimes you just get three right in a row...

...and yes, she is the cutest thing in the world. :D

Yes, she is, I don't have one. I have a shower and my husband. I don't think he would smile.

You are right though, that is a darling shot, honestly, I would not have thought of it. How did you light it?

ginger
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2004
    I haven't voted yet? Anyone want to tell me how the voting is going?:D

g
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I haven't voted yet? Anyone want to tell me how the voting is going?:D

g

ginger you troublemaker you! 11746831-Ti.gif11746831-Ti.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2004
    Well, I confess I voted for the most boring option. I've never really tried to shoot a portrait, it's a basic skill, and there's a person at work I've been dying to ask to pose because she has an incredible face. A portrait challenge would give me the perfect excuse to ask her for half an hour of her time. I'm thinking by a window with evening light coming in.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Well, I confess I voted for the most boring option. I've never really tried to shoot a portrait, it's a basic skill, and there's a person at work I've been dying to ask to pose because she has an incredible face. A portrait challenge would give me the perfect excuse to ask her for half an hour of her time. I'm thinking by a window with evening light coming in.
    Well Sid, I'm BORING too!
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2004
    I know you are married, Gubbs. But it has occurred to me that this "come on line" re the Portrait would be a great way to get a date.

ginger, married, too

(YOu all know what i would do, I would take Bill to his studio and take his photo.
    Unless I had time to take a traveling background, set it up in a park and hope)

I don't want to take that time now at this time of year. Yikes. (I don't have a window, strange as that sounds)
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2004
    I voted "first person", that is kind of a throw away vote. I used to take my own photo all the time, it may not win awards, but it can be an entry.

I love the other ideas, would really like to spend the time they deserve on them.
    I need to learn portraits, no time now, the triptych, I love it.

ginger (Andy did some great first persons. Maybe I could get my teeth cleaned.rolleyes1.gif I love that he is "reaching for the moon".)

I have an idea re this one, I do, if I should be so lucky as to get the chance!
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2004
    I choose triptych photo
    I love the triptych photo theme. Think - you can make 3 portraits and place them into 1 triptych !