Newbie seeking criticism...

starfishchrisstarfishchris Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited September 1, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Okay. New here. Should have posted here BEFORE I entered the competition, but OOPS! Anyway...recently took some shots in Door County Wisconsin that I find pleasing, but I'm sure violate all kinds of composition rules, :D . Here's the entry that I posted for stillness. How could I have made it better?:dunno Chris

Comments

• hugzhugz Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    Okay. New here. Should have posted here BEFORE I entered the competition, but OOPS! Anyway...recently took some shots in Door County Wisconsin that I find pleasing, but I'm sure violate all kinds of composition rules, :D . Here's the entry that I posted for stillness. How could I have made it better?ne_nau.gif Chris

I am new, and don't have much of any ideas on how to make it better, but I do like the photo.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    Okay. New here. Should have posted here BEFORE I entered the competition, but OOPS! Anyway...recently took some shots in Door County Wisconsin that I find pleasing, but I'm sure violate all kinds of composition rules, :D . Here's the entry that I posted for stillness. How could I have made it better?ne_nau.gif Chris

I'm new here too, and I like your photo! As far as improvements go...the sky carries more interest for me than the water, so perhaps cropping about half of the water off the bottom of the photo would move the horizon to a more pleasing "rule of thirds" position and place more importance on the beautiful sky. :):

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    I took the liberty of manipulating the image a bit... hope you don't mind. I also like it with more of the water cropped out and the sky being the main focus. What do you think?

92223820-O.jpg
    My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4
  • starfishchrisstarfishchris Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    I took the liberty of manipulating the image a bit... hope you don't mind. I also like it with more of the water cropped out and the sky being the main focus. What do you think?

92223820-O.jpg

WOW! The sunset colors POP and I love it! I hadn't photoshop'd the image much at all. Very cool!!!! DID I TAKE THAT???