Password Questions

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited September 1, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have small kids and have had problems with open viewing of my Smugmug account. Its a little disconserting when a total stranger requests a pic of your 9 year old daughter in a swimsuit.

So, as a precaution, I have password protected the entire account and give the password to family who likes to share the photos.

A couple of questions:

If I like a photo and want to link it to DGrin, will it link this photo only, or will the viewers need the password to see it?

I would like to password protect entire galleries, not just individual ones within. For example, password protect all "Children", not just Soccer or Birthday within. Is there a way to protect major headings, not just individual?

Thanks, love the service!

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    Zanotti wrote:
    I have small kids and have had problems with open viewing of my Smugmug account. Its a little disconserting when a total stranger requests a pic of your 9 year old daughter in a swimsuit.

So, as a precaution, I have password protected the entire account and give the password to family who likes to share the photos.

A couple of questions:

If I like a photo and want to link it to DGrin, will it link this photo only, or will the viewers need the password to see it?

I would like to password protect entire galleries, not just individual ones within. For example, password protect all "Children", not just Soccer or Birthday within. Is there a way to protect major headings, not just individual?

Thanks, love the service!

Z
    Hi Zanotti wave.gif

If you provide a direct link on dgrin to a photo of your passworded site, it should show, a password is not needed.

Do you mean to password an entire category at once, vs a gallery? I'm afraid this is not possible, each gallery will have to be assigned a password. You can however assign them all the same password. People will not have to type in that password each time they change a gallery.

I hope this helps.