Options

Night skyline (heavy photoshop)

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited February 5, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I really need a good tripod so I can take more shots at night. I found an amazing vantage point last night, but could only climb up an old fence post a limited number of times. I put the camera on top of its nice flat sturdy top, but it was 6+ feet high, used the timed shutter release, jumped off the post and hoped for the best. Good thing I can climb - and I wish someone had a shot of me monkeying on the post to try and frame the shots.

Anyway, I got some neat shots that ended up a little too dark. I wanted to really frame the UMass skyline on the mountains in the back, so I had to do some photoshop. I cut the bright campus out of a new layer, then brightened it the remaining sky and mountains, and then messed with the opacity.

What do you think? Does it look almost too fake? (I included the original for ref)

2280949-M.jpg

original:

2280950-M.jpg
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• Options
    zero-zerozero-zero Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2004
    Doesn't look fake to me, and much improved. Now that we're talking night photography, here's a straight scan from a slide I shot some time back. Hope you like:

fg57.jpg
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2004
    thats very cool. love how the boats seem to glow. The skyline shot is cool too, I am hoping to go shoot some shots of our cities skyline when it warms up a bit.