Options

Challenge 27 - Sandy

SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
edited December 11, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are a few shadow shots for critique and comment.

12249478-M.jpg

12249479-M.jpg

12249541-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Ben:::DBen:::D Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2004
    Of the three, I like the second the best. It's more abstract and the distortion of the shadow is intriguing. I makes me want to figure out what it is, while the other two are more obvious.
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2004
    Sandy wrote:
    Here are a few shadow shots for critique and comment.

I doubt between first and second. First one is nicely colored with the white and the green. The second one got my full attention.
    It looks like a dog or a horse... it captures my attention. I do like the angle of it, the shadow seems to come out of the corner area and gives it a dynamic feel.
  • Options
    nadinadi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2004
    I love the first one, but I think the new plastic chair looks a bit out of place with the old peeling paint. The second one didn't capture my attention at all, I thought it was a dog and pretty much moved straight on to the next one. But maybe it was obvious to me because I have dogs on the mind? iloveyou.gif
    The careful man tries to dodge the bullets.... while the happy man takes a walk.
    Mark Oliver Everett
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2004
    SHADBOW

12393402-M.jpg

Banana Republic

12249480-M.jpg
  • Options
    mgoundmgound Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2004
    I like this one. It took me a second to find the shadow but when I did I thought it was really cool. Any way to compose this to focus more on the shadow and less on the clothes. I don't know if it would be better it is just a thought. Or perhaps move the white cube closer to the front (if you could do it without getting thrown out of the store)mwink.gif
    Sandy wrote:
    Banana Republic

12249480-M.jpg
    Land on your right foot. Don't forget it!
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2004
    Thank you for your comment, I think they would take exception to me tampering with the window display. The ties and manequin also cast shadows.
  • Options
    nadinadi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited December 7, 2004
    Nice....
    Love the "shadbow" one. Absolutely love it! thumb.gif
    The careful man tries to dodge the bullets.... while the happy man takes a walk.
    Mark Oliver Everett
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2004
    I think I like Shadbow the best. It's kind of abstract, but the shadows are very interesting.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2004
    Personally, I think the chair on the porch has the most potential. Could you reshoot it without the wall in the way? The chair, the shadow and the peeling paint could make a nice image.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au