Is this a better stillness shot?

starfishchrisstarfishchris Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited September 2, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hm...messed around with this one a bit and can't tell if I like it better or not. Criticism from fellow grinners is appreciated....

92048476-L-1.jpg

Comments

• TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    Ummm - better than what?ne_nau.gif I like it. I would crop that partial boat on the far right. The waves are more interesting to me than the sky, so I would emphasize them more if possible with a crop having them take up the bottom 2/3 or so instead of the way you composed it.
    thumb.gif
  • starfishchrisstarfishchris Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    TomaS wrote:
    Ummm - better than what?ne_nau.gif I like it. I would crop that partial boat on the far right. The waves are more interesting to me than the sky, so I would emphasize them more if possible with a crop having them take up the bottom 2/3 or so instead of the way you composed it.
    thumb.gif

Ooops...should have referred to my previous thread where I posted this ....

92048462-L.jpg
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    Its a lot better but for my money the water needs to be glass flat for that shot to have punch.
    edited September 1, 2006
    gus wrote:
    Its a lot better but for my money the water needs to be glass flat for that shot to have punch.

I cropped out the boat on the right...

92254025-L-1.jpg
  • Zahid NiazZahid Niaz Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2006
    Why not crop about 2 inches of sky as well. I think it will tremendously improve your compostion as flat sky on the top appears to be unnecessary. Just give it a try and see what happens.
    edited September 2, 2006
    Second crop
    Zahid Niaz wrote:
    Why not crop about 2 inches of sky as well. I think it will tremendously improve your compostion as flat sky on the top appears to be unnecessary. Just give it a try and see what happens.

Cropped, color balanced, noise removed...

92353888-L.jpg
  • TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2006
    I like it better even tho it is centered horozontally. Gives a certain balance to it that is nice. I live in New Mexico so I have enough blue sky to last a lifetime rolleyes1.gif
  • JamieCJamieC Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2006
    Cropped, color balanced, noise removed...

92353888-L.jpg
    Now it's got WOW

Jamie