Please help - uploader albums not mapped to correct categories

AnInfiniteJourneyAnInfiniteJourney Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited September 1, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hello,
I am using the smugmug uploader - was working perfectly until about a week ago...

I removed it from the dock and apps, uploaded 2.1 (same thing happened), removed again, uploaded 2.0 and installed... emptied the trash, restarted the computer - the uploader still doesn't correctly map the albums...

Viewing them through smugmug - everything is where it should be and correctly catagorized :dunno

I've tried the universal uploader, but I get a blank page (no where to drag and drop - about 2 line widths between the header and footer).

Thanks for your help -

www.aninfinitejourney.smugmug.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    Hello,
    I am using the smugmug uploader - was working perfectly until about a week ago...

I removed it from the dock and apps, uploaded 2.1 (same thing happened), removed again, uploaded 2.0 and installed... emptied the trash, restarted the computer - the uploader still doesn't correctly map the albums...

Viewing them through smugmug - everything is where it should be and correctly catagorized ne_nau.gif

I've tried the universal uploader, but I get a blank page (no where to drag and drop - about 2 line widths between the header and footer).

Thanks for your help -

www.aninfinitejourney.smugmug.com

Hi, are you on a Mac, is that what I'm gathering? But I'm also confused - you say that the photos and galleries are properly showing on SmugMug ?

Can you clarify so I can help.

Also, which browser, OS, and version of each are you running, thank you.
  • AnInfiniteJourneyAnInfiniteJourney Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, are you on a Mac, is that what I'm gathering? But I'm also confused - you say that the photos and galleries are properly showing on SmugMug ?

Can you clarify so I can help.

Also, which browser, OS, and version of each are you running, thank you.

Thanks Andy,
    I'm using a G5 running 10.4.7, Firefox 1.5.0.6.
    Yes - smugmug has them correctly categorized, but the smugmug uploader doesn't....

It got screwed up when I added my FAQ "albums" - the category FAQ linked to galleries (used the description area as the answer text).
    edited September 1, 2006
    Thanks Andy,
    I'm using a G5 running 10.4.7, Firefox 1.5.0.6.
    Yes - smugmug has them correctly categorized, but the smugmug uploader doesn't....

It got screwed up when I added my FAQ "albums" - the category FAQ linked to galleries (used the description area as the answer text).
    OK We'll help you - send same info to help@smugmug.com

In the meantime, try the Universal D&D with Safari, it works great. Firefox, too, but you need a java plugin:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=22309
    edited September 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    OK We'll help you - send same info to help@smugmug.com

In the meantime, try the Universal D&D with Safari, it works great. Firefox, too, but you need a java plugin:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=22309

thanks thumb.gif- could you also clue me into how to insert screen shots into these messages? What do I do with the png - I can't command-v or drag and drop in....?
    edited September 1, 2006
    thanks thumb.gif- could you also clue me into how to insert screen shots into these messages? What do I do with the png - I can't command-v or drag and drop in....?

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/SCIT.shtml

It makes your grabs jpgs not pngs :) Very useful!
    edited September 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/SCIT.shtml

It makes your grabs jpgs not pngs :) Very useful!

thumb.gifThanks again