Hi all! Just seeking some advice

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited September 4, 2006 in Sports
I will be photographing the Australian Superbikes this weekend. As most of you know, most if not all of my motorsport photography primarily involves four wheels. I was wondering if the seasoned bike shooters have any hints, tips etc that they wouldn't mind parting with.

I am pretty comfortable with the circuit as I frequent it often for the cars etc. Anything inparticular I should be looking for?

I have some ideas of what I want to achieve but any further help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• zedzed Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2006
    David,
    I'm not a pro but I'll offer my thoughts if you don't mind. Race cars are my first passion in photography, but the more I shoot bikes the more I like them and I could easily see them over coming cars.
    One of the cool things about bikes compared to cars, is you can see the rider. Watch the different riders body language as they are entering, going through and exiting the turn. Holding the camera in portrait mode works good with a lot of different crops. Excess rubber on the exit of a turn might be a good place to catch them sliding and smoking the rear tire. "Humps" or rises in the track might be good for wheelies.
    Have fun and post 'em up after.

Jeff

70886400-L.jpg

70874054-L.jpg
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    quote=zed]David,
    I'm not a pro but I'll offer my thoughts if you don't mind. Race cars are my first passion in photography, but the more I shoot bikes the more I like them and I could easily see them over coming cars.
    One of the cool things about bikes compared to cars, is you can see the rider. Watch the different riders body language as they are entering, going through and exiting the turn. Holding the camera in portrait mode works good with a lot of different crops. Excess rubber on the exit of a turn might be a good place to catch them sliding and smoking the rear tire. "Humps" or rises in the track might be good for wheelies.
    Have fun and post 'em up after.

Jeff

[/quote]

Thanks Zed,

Will keep those pointers in mind. You can count on some shots being posted after the event thats for sure.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    When i go to the track i try allsorts of shots i look where the other togs are and go somewhere different

hump shot
    88825023-M.jpg

spinning the back wheel
    88825026-M.jpg

and where the other togs were not shooting
    88849581-M.jpg

89006712-M.jpg

Probably no help, i also shoot manual
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    gsgary wrote:
    When i go to the track i try allsorts of shots i look where the other togs are and go somewhere different

hump shot
    88825023-M.jpg

spinning the back wheel
    88825026-M.jpg

and where the other togs were not shooting
    88849581-M.jpg

89006712-M.jpg

Probably no help, i also shoot manual

Thanks Gary,

I will remember these when I get to the track.
    Cheers
    David Clifford