http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/

You should check often and/or subscribe :evil

Comments

• scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    Andy wrote:

You should check often and/or subscribe naughty.gif

As mentioned in other threads, I think these should be either sent to "my messages" in Control Panel or have a mail-list. I got about 5 messages during my first two months on here and I thought this was an effective way to communicate. With all of the hardware you guys have, couldn't you setup a fairly automated mail-list-admin thingie...

My last received message was from December of last year.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • georgesgeorges Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    very few use rss
    Andy wrote:

Hi Andy -

Don't take this as an argument, just as addition feedback.

A very small percentage of internet users actually use rss feeds. The largest percentage don't understand the concept.

My guess is that a higher pecentage of the folks that hang out on dgrin are aware of feeds and use them.

Even so, I'm doing business with you guys. I want my communication in my email inbox where all of my important stuff is. It's the place I look several times a day.

There's just no way I consider notifications about availability or features as spam.
    See you later, gs

http://georgesphotos.net
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    georges wrote:
    Hi Andy -

A very small percentage of internet users actually use rss feeds. The largest percentage don't understand the concept.

My guess is that a higher pecentage of the folks that hang out on dgrin are aware of feeds and use them.

Even so, I'm doing business with you guys. I want my communication in my email inbox where all of my important stuff is. It's the place I look several times a day.

There's just no way I consider notifications about availability or features as spam.

I agree. Put it in my inbox. I am a drin user but I don't use rss feeds etc because I don't understand them &/or how to set them up to get them. It told me I needed to get a reader... (uhhhh I allready have tons of software) gave me numerous options that I didn't understand nor did I care to sort through and figure out... (forget it it's looks to confusing for me so I know there's no way my average customer is gonna have nor get it).
    The way I saw this was by subscibing to the support thread to e-mail me. Please just make a dgrin thread for updates & releases and I'll stay subscribed to it :): If you'll post it there I'll find out automagically and won't need to figure out what readers and rss and all that other stuff is.
    Just me 2 cents.
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    Hi folks :D
    We heard you all (and many others) about that, in the other thread. http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=41408

But thanks again for telling us how important this is to you :D
  • JBurtJBurt Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    Cindy wrote:
    ...Please just make a dgrin thread for updates & releases and I'll stay subscribed to it :): If you'll post it there I'll find out automagically...

15524779-Ti.gif Those that want it can subscribe and those that don't, won't.

It means no extra programming and could be started immediately.
    Tis sometimes better to be a big fish in a small pond than to be shark bait.

http://jburtphotos.com
    http://jburtphotos.smugmug.com
    Basic but makin' changes
    edited September 4, 2006
    JBurt wrote:
    It means no extra programming and could be started immediately.
    This part is actually not true, but we hear you!
    edited September 5, 2006
    BTW: After posting my above messege the other night I went and read the release notes (clicked your link Andy) and then before I could come back to say Thank you... my internet connection went down (been a rough 10 days here rolleyes1.gif ... it's a sad shame I'm in a rural area with only 1 high speed isp or I'd switch yesterday's ago.)

Anyhow... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, SMUGMUG! I Love the releases and love my smugmug!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Saw several things in there I don't know what they are yet so I'm off to go explore rolleyes1.gif have a great day!
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    georges wrote:
    Hi Andy -

yup _ I don't know what rss feeds are except it's ANOTHER thing to get my head around

Yup- I want emai notifications of any and all important stuff
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
    edited September 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:

I'm back and loving the new releases however 1 problem, it says:
    Show filenames in cart and pro order summaries.
    But I can't see any filenames in my cart :cry I really want this feature.
    Is it not yet working or could I not be seeing an option somewhere to enable this???

I really like the new way photo sizes are lined up in the cart (added wallets to standard, etc.) Thank you! :D
    edited September 5, 2006
    Cindy wrote:
    I'm back and loving the new releases however 1 problem, it says:
    Show filenames in cart and pro order summaries.
    But I can't see any filenames in my cart :cry I really want this feature.
    Is it not yet working or could I not be seeing an option somewhere to enable this???

I really like the new way photo sizes are lined up in the cart (added wallets to standard, etc.) Thank you! :D

Hi Cindy, try looking in one of your recent orders.
    edited September 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Cindy, try looking in one of your recent orders.

Sorry I should have been more clear. The filenames are indeed on my recent orders list and come on/in my e-mails however when checking out the filenumbers are not listed with the photos in the shopping cart. However the way I'm reading the updates is that the filenames should show in the shopping cart while checking out.

EDIT: Hello.... can anyone see the filenames IN their shopping cart while checking out. Maybe this wasn't an actual release and I'm just reading it wrong...