Scoobie Seller

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited September 4, 2006 in People
Scoobie-Seller-IMG_5132.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=5b59021b8aa7d8cc01fb532386a2238b
I have seen this scoobie seller in few places around Sydney. He is trying to sell scoobies but I have to say I have never seen any one buying them yet.
Frankly he looks a bit scary to me.

What is a scoobie I hear you ask? Wikipedia defines it as: “Scoubidou (Scoubi, Scoobie, or Boondoggle in the USA Or as “gimp” in Canada.) is a plaiting and knotting craft, originally aimed at children, which originated in France, where it became a fad in the 1960s. It came back into fashion in various countries, including the United Kingdom, in 2004 and 2005. It uses commercially supplied plastic strips or tubes.”

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 4, 2006
    I love the color but I don't think the capture itself is one of your better ones. The look on his face does not speak to me.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    Aha, you have picked up on probably why he doesn't sell anything. He looks like that - a bit intimidating all the time or uncomfortable at the best.
    truth wrote:
    I love the color but I don't think the capture itself is one of your better ones. The look on his face does not speak to me.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 4, 2006
    Aha, you have picked up on probably why he doesn't sell anything. He looks like that - a bit intimidating all the time or uncomfortable at the best.

Maybe, but I thin it's the angle of his face. I just don't get to really see and feel his emotion.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    Hi Ted.

What sharpening/post processing techniques do you use? Often I find your images to be rigid, hard, blocky.. this is a good example. I see you were shooting at 1/80 - was it OOF and you tried to bring it back?

Owen
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    Owen,

In general I use Power Retouche set of plugins by Jan Esmann and nik color fx as well as noise ninja. Those are Pro quality commercial addons.

I think the equivalent values in USM used on this photo were 100% 0.5 8, which as you know is quite conservative sharpening. There was no real other PP done. I do not see pixelation and halos that normally occur if you over sharpen an image. Was it out of OOF? Perhaps just a bit.

Overall, I probably have a mannerism in postprocessing that I like. I've never considered it too aggressive but I do like certain results. I must add I do wear glassess and run my screen at 1600x1200 so perhaps what I see is quite different than what you would see. I'm open for suggestions or hints - it's always good to learn something new or better.

Owen wrote:
    Hi Ted.

What sharpening/post processing techniques do you use? Often I find your images to be rigid, hard, blocky.. this is a good example. I see you were shooting at 1/80 - was it OOF and you tried to bring it back?

Owen