Right click question

ebwestebwest Registered Users Posts: 416 Major grins
edited September 5, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I did a search and couldn't quite find the answer. I know presently that only pro accounts have right click protection (I have a Power account). I don't know anything about programming, but is that such a difficult feature to institute on an account that it has to be on the pro account only?

After seeing all the great photos on Smugmug, I doubt seriously if anyone would want to steal any of mine, but I would like the option to protect them. Is there any plan to have right click protection available to other account levels?

Thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    ebwest wrote:
    I did a search and couldn't quite find the answer. I know presently that only pro accounts have right click protection (I have a Power account). I don't know anything about programming, but is that such a difficult feature to institute on an account that it has to be on the pro account only?
    Hi eb,

We have to have a way to differentiate our different account levels. And image protection is typically a pro feature. So, that's where we have it on SmugMug.

I hope this helps!
  • ebwestebwest Registered Users Posts: 416 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2006
    Well, I was hoping to hear something different, but I can live with it.
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 5, 2006
    Hi ebwest,

Just to add some additional comments.

Firstly, the right-click protection isn't the only method of protection smugmug uses when this option is enabled.

Secondly, the right click stuff isn't protection...it is only a deterrent. If someone wants your photo badly enough, they will get it and this code can be disabled easily.

Finally, if you search the forum, you might find the code you are looking mwink.gif

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos