edited September 6, 2006 in People
Trying to find out what I can do with photoshop elements
C & C would be greatly appreciated

93110579-M.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    The sepia works and works well.

What really throws me is the softening/blurring that you've done. Most of it works well, but her shoulder looks wrong. With the way her hair is placed, I can't shake the impression that her right arm is growing out of her chest. In fact, for me, her whole right arm is a distraction in that it's cut off at the wrist (I think) and there's something strange going on just above the end of her sleeve.
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    The sepia works and works well.

What really throws me is the softening/blurring that you've done. Most of it works well, but her shoulder looks wrong. With the way her hair is placed, I can't shake the impression that her right arm is growing out of her chest. In fact, for me, her whole right arm is a distraction in that it's cut off at the wrist (I think) and there's something strange going on just above the end of her sleeve.

Removed the blur and did a closer crop..... what do you think?

93129740-M.jpg
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    For me, I think this work SOOOO much better.

You've heard "the squeeky wheel gets the grease?" Well, now that the above has been taken care of, I find the few strands of hair on her right cheek to be a distraction. The one's further back are fine, it's just the couple on her cheek.

FWIW, I think this is a very nice photo!
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    I agree, the crop is a good change. However, it reduces the range of light in the shot, makes it flatter. Very attractive piccie.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ZoeZoe Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    Scott gave some good CC. Of course rules can always be broken for the right image, but I try not to cut off body parts at or close to joints. The second crop is much better. Beautiful girl!
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2006
    Thanks all, appreciate the feedback and advice!