gallery domain name question

spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
edited September 5, 2006 in SmugMug Support
i can't think of a way to do this.

i'm wondering if there is a way to have a custom domain name for a gallery, either through smugmug or some hosting dns magic.

i want to hand out cards at a wedding that tell the folks where they can see the photos.
and instead of requiring they type in a bunch of numbers like: www.trishtunney.com/gallery/1449564

i'd like to give them a domain based on their new last name: www.trishtunney.com/smith

any ideas?

thanks!
trish

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    spider-t wrote:
    i can't think of a way to do this.

i'm wondering if there is a way to have a custom domain name for a gallery, either through smugmug or some hosting dns magic.

i want to hand out cards at a wedding that tell the folks where they can see the photos.
    and instead of requiring they type in a bunch of numbers like: www.trishtunney.com/gallery/1449564

i'd like to give them a domain based on their new last name: www.trishtunney.com/smith

any ideas?

thanks!
    trish
    Hi Trish! wave.gif

there are two ways that come to mind.
    1-have people go to your website (www.trishtunney.com) and feature your recent project, so it gets that extra attention.
    2-vanity urls. It's basically exactly what you described above :D you can find more info here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=20011

Hope this helps!
  • spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Trish! wave.gif

there are two ways that come to mind.
    1-have people go to your website (www.trishtunney.com) and feature your recent project, so it gets that extra attention.
    2-vanity urls. It's basically exactly what you described above :D you can find more info here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=20011

Hope this helps!

Perfect! #2 looks like the one for me.

#1 doesn't work for me as I like to keep my event galleries private. I shoot a lot of them and they are only interesting to the attendants.

thanks!!
    Trish