test post and intro

ZoeZoe Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited September 5, 2006 in People
I've been lurking for quite a while and would love to be a part of this group. The photography is inspiring here, and the honest feedback is wonderful!

I have a newer children's portrait photography biz, that is not yet busy. But it is a fun side business at most. Here's my two babies. :):

DSC_0001-11sm.jpg

DSC_0017asm-2.jpg

I've been doing natural light photography, but recently bought some studio equipment, and had one test session, using family. I can tell it is so much easier, overall, than natural light (although nothing beats the look of natural light imo!), once I get the placement of the light down. I had some trouble with pupil sizes.

Zoe
Nikon toys
Zoe (Nikon toys)
zb Photography
Blog

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 5, 2006
    welcome!-

neat photos and cute kids-
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    I like all three of them. I particularly like the "non-cheese" smiles (or lack thereof). Love the dof and composition of the first photo.

I like the last photo -- but how did the parent react?

Lee
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    I can't see the first couple of shots. I believe that this is because your hosting site was polling my computer, and I denied the connection. I have no idea why your site would need to open a connection with my computer, but I don't like it, not one bit. :D

Anyway, just an FYI.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • marklarry28marklarry28 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    I loved the first onethumb.gif
    Mark
    Canon
  • ZoeZoe Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    leebase wrote:
    I like all three of them. I particularly like the "non-cheese" smiles (or lack thereof). Love the dof and composition of the first photo.

I like the last photo -- but how did the parent react?

Lee

Thanks! I know the mom, of the last one, loved a lot of the images, but she has yet to order (Its my sister in law). Its always interesting to see what mom's favs are, and it is usually not the photographer's fav.
    I can't see the first couple of shots. I believe that this is because your hosting site was polling my computer, and I denied the connection. I have no idea why your site would need to open a connection with my computer, but I don't like it, not one bit.

headscratch.gif huh?
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited September 5, 2006
    Very nice Zoe thumb.gifthumb.gif and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif

I am glad you finally worked up enough gumption to participate clap.gif You can't get answers or feedback if you don't post ne_nau.gif

Every reason you cite regarding this place is true. Lots of nice folks in a very helpful community.

I look forward to seeing more of your work :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    rolleyes1.gif very cute photos welcome to the forum
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited September 5, 2006
    Thanks Steve! I can't tell you how many times I have cracked up at some of the hilarious feedback here, but its a bit like crashing a family reunion. Everybody seems to know eachother. I love that!
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    Check out Audrey Woulard for inspiration! She's an amazing, all natural light portraitist.

Pupil size.. keep the lights on in the room. :)

Owen
    edited September 5, 2006
    Oh yes! I know Audry from another forum. Awesome work.
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    Love the B&W! :):

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography