A few surf shots from sunday

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited September 10, 2006 in Sports
The waves were'nt overly special but its still nice to sit on the beach in and snap a few shots off.

93114688-L.jpg

93136560-L.jpg

93118652-L.jpg

Cheers for taking a look see :D
May I take your picture?

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited September 6, 2006
    Mushy,
    You are right, the waves weren't great ne_nau.gif But man-oh-man the lighting was fantastic clap.gif All parts of the surfers are well lit. It's all about the light, right? From that standpoint, I don't believe I have shot even 1 surf pic as nice as any of yours thumb.gifthumb.gif

WTG Buddy!!

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2006
    Mushy,
    You are right, the waves weren't great ne_nau.gif But man-oh-man the lighting was fantastic clap.gif All parts of the surfers are well lit. It's all about the light, right? From that standpoint, I don't believe I have shot even 1 surf pic as nice as any of yours thumb.gifthumb.gif

WTG Buddy!!

Steve

WOW! Cheers for the positive commentsthumb.gif Since the sun still sits low in the sky it works pretty good at getting light on peoples faces. I did still use a small amount of selective shadow/highlight to boost some areas.
    May I take your picture?
  • Addman8Addman8 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited September 10, 2006
    I am not a surf expert, but will say that the lighting looks awesome! Very tropical and exciting. In shot one, is that his reflection in the wave or another surfer on the backside of it??...that is SWEET!!!

For the record, it is 52 degrees Fah. and drizzling here in Minnesota!!! Thanks for letting me daydream a little bit!!
    mushy wrote:
    The waves were'nt overly special but its still nice to sit on the beach in and snap a few shots off.

93114688-L.jpg

93136560-L.jpg

93118652-L.jpg

Cheers for taking a look see :D
    Matt Addington
    Photography & Design
    Minnesota
    www.mattaddington.com
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2006
    I'm totally digging the panorama shot, the water looks so nice and clear as compared to california.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.