My lucky day

rjpatrjpat Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
edited September 7, 2006 in Holy Macro
I was at the grocery store today and as I was leaving, I saw some birds playing in the landscaping. So, I whipped out my camera to get a shot (I don't really have much opportunity for birds). Of course, by that time the birds were gone, but I did spot something else:

A rare nesting Red Bull

93216876-M.jpg

I was very concerned about the nest when I spotted this rogue apple core lurking nearby.

93216870-M.jpg

But, I decided to just let nature run it's course.
Ron

We never know how something we say, do, or think today, will effect the lives of millions tomorrow....BJ Palmer

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2006
    Wow well seen !! :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2006
    rjpat wrote:
    I was at the grocery store today and as I was leaving, I saw some birds playing in the landscaping. So, I whipped out my camera to get a shot (I don't really have much opportunity for birds). Of course, by that time the birds were gone, but I did spot something else:

A rare nesting Red Bull
    I was very concerned about the nest when I spotted this rogue apple core lurking nearby.

It would be nice if people would take their rubbish with them instead of tossing it as they go along.

Here in Australia you can dob in a litterbug by phoning a number that is often posted as a road sign.

People are also stupid enough to leave incriminating things like envelopes addressed to them, or junk mail addressed to them or old bills etc in the rubbish they toss.......... then they wonder why they get sprung rolleyes1.gif I have no sympathy for them, we have one Planet, we need to look after it.

Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    rjpat wrote:

A rare nesting Red Bull

93216876-M.jpg

93216870-M.jpg

rolleyes1.gifI was laughing lots when I saw these......I was reading your post thinking hmmmmm what kind of bird is a Red Bull?? and then saw the pics!! Very funny (not the littering......your imagination)
  • rjpatrjpat Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    Thanks for the replies, I was beginning to think that everyone had lost there sense of humor. By the way, this is very unusual for my town, which is why I took the picture.
    Ron

We never know how something we say, do, or think today, will effect the lives of millions tomorrow....BJ Palmer