J.k.

douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
edited September 11, 2006 in People
I took this last year before I got my dslr. It was taken with my Panasonic FZ20. It had some lighting and shadow issues, I just recently revisited it and did some work in PS. The shadow from her nose really bugged me so I tried to calm it with some effects in PS. I would love to hear some feed back on this.

93350569-L.jpg
Best regards,
douglas

Comments

• BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2006
    Not seing an image....ne_nau.gif
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt
  • AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2006
    Neither do I.
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2006
    douglas wrote:
    I took this last year before I got my dslr. It was taken with my Panasonic FZ20. It had some lighting and shadow issues, I just recently revisited it and did some work in PS. The shadow from her nose really bugged me so I tried to calm it with some effects in PS. I would love to hear some feed back on this.
    A pretty lady and the lighting on part of her face is very nice. Maybe it's a failing on my part, but I don't find the composition very flattering or compelling (I know you can have non-flattering composition if it tells a story). The light on her chest is, for me, way too hi-key. There are shadow lines running down the side of her face and, again down her nose, chin, and onto her upper chest.
  • stephiewilliamsstephiewilliams Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2006
    Although I like the B&W conversion not a very flattering picture is it :) What are you trying to convey about your subject. Maybe I would like it a bit more if I knew the concept?
    Stephie
    "AMATEURS try till they get it right, PROS try till they cannot possibly get it wrong."

Gallery - http://stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com