Stupid Question II

sserrasserra Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited September 6, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Noooooobie here! For the life of me, I can't get this to work. Under quick settings, and I've read and read about it, I want all the galleries that are already set up to have all the same settings. So, I set it up in one gallery, which "stuck" with those settings. I found no explanation for "bulk settings" and don't know what that means and I tried selecting both bulk settings and save settings, hoping the settings would go into all the galleries. And, I saw the spot where I should name the settings, so I named them "test" and then went to a different gallery to see if those settings were either a) already there or b) if I could select "test" settings on that gallery, if that would stick. It didn't. I must be doing something wrong! In other galleries, I see the "test one" but it doesn't have those settings that I had selected and that the first gallery has. Hmmmmmmm......

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2006
    sserra wrote:
    Noooooobie here! For the life of me, I can't get this to work. Under quick settings, and I've read and read about it, I want all the galleries that are already set up to have all the same settings. So, I set it up in one gallery, which "stuck" with those settings. I found no explanation for "bulk settings" and don't know what that means and I tried selecting both bulk settings and save settings, hoping the settings would go into all the galleries. And, I saw the spot where I should name the settings, so I named them "test" and then went to a different gallery to see if those settings were either a) already there or b) if I could select "test" settings on that gallery, if that would stick. It didn't. I must be doing something wrong! In other galleries, I see the "test one" but it doesn't have those settings that I had selected and that the first gallery has. Hmmmmmmm......

Hi, if you "save below settings as" and then give it a name, then you can apply those settings to any existing gallery, or any new gallery, too, on creation.

If you wish, link me to the gallery you tried it in, and the name of your settings, and I'll have a closer look :D

wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!
  • sserrasserra Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited September 6, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, if you "save below settings as" and then give it a name, then you can apply those settings to any existing gallery, or any new gallery, too, on creation.

If you wish, link me to the gallery you tried it in, and the name of your settings, and I'll have a closer look :D

wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!

thanks a bunch, it worked. Don't know what I did wrong before, seems so simple!