Speaking of spiders...

ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
edited September 8, 2006 in Holy Macro
...how would you like to wake up with THIS leggy thing crawling around in your mouth?

About three inches across, this was, and FAST, too! I pestered it a little and it CHASED me!
Steve-o

Comments

• photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    uhm, NO. That's why I'm in northern california...keep your devil bugs down there!
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    She is a huntsman. yep they are realy realy fast. They can move quicker than you can follow them with your eyes.

We have them here everywhere here. I really hate it when they get in my bike jacket or helmet.

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    Forehead wrote:
    ...how would you like to wake up with THIS leggy thing crawling around in your mouth?

About three inches across, this was, and FAST, too! I pestered it a little and it CHASED me!

This is the kind of spider that jumped on my hand the other day when I got the mail out of the letterbox....... I threw that mail down so flippin fast and flicked the spider off while chucking an absolute wobbly that the spider was on me, it was like watching a big girl hissy fit rolleyes1.gif

Hey I love spiders, but not on me :nono that one looks kind small in the body to the ones I have seen inside my house.

Good shot........they are harmless, but their sheer size are enough to frighten you. .......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    I'm sure you were mighty glad that one wasn't a funnelweb spider :uhoh
    Skippy wrote:
    This is the kind of spider that jumped on my hand the other day when I got the mail out of the letterbox....... I threw that mail down so flippin fast and flicked the spider off while chucking an absolute wobbly that the spider was on me, it was like watching a big girl hissy fit rolleyes1.gif

Hey I love spiders, but not on me :nono that one looks kind small in the body to the ones I have seen inside my house.

Good shot........they are harmless, but their sheer size are enough to frighten you. .......... Skippy (Australia)
    Steve-o
  • gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    best be careful with..
    badge huntsman.multi coloured stripes underside of legs and a multi coloured badge under the abdomen-some of these can make you very sick.the common victorian one is not too bad but it pays to be careful.
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    :): wow it is beautiful
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited September 7, 2006
    And here's a smaller spider...
    ...having lunch!
    Steve-o
  • photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    Skippy wrote:

"chucking an absolute wobbly" ne_nau.gif
    edited September 8, 2006
    I suspect that's Aussie for "freaking out big time"!
    photodoug wrote:
    "chucking an absolute wobbly" ne_nau.gif
    Steve-o