ordered photos - impressed

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited September 7, 2006 in SmugMug Support
So, i ordered some photos from my smugmug account. It was the first time, and my expectation were high :D But man i've got to tell you, they look nice!
What amazed / impressed me alot too, was that i ordered them six days ago, and they already arrived in the Netherlands! go EZprints!

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    Ivar,
    I also ordered my first set of prints to display as examples at the upcoming football games. The prints look fantastic. Also the care in packaging is top notch.thumb.gif
    I wanted to try out the shopping cart cropping on an 8x10 & 11x14, worked great. The full frame 8x12’s are really nice. Shame on me for not doing this sooner….
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 7, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    So, i ordered some photos from my smugmug account. It was the first time, and my expectation were high :D But man i've got to tell you, they look nice!
    What amazed / impressed me alot too, was that i ordered them six days ago, and they already arrived in the Netherlands! go EZprints!

I just ordered a few 8x10's for my son who had gone through and picked out some family pictures he wanted. They arrived while I was visiting him in California. I had not seen any of my photos in 8x10 before, and I was quite amazed myself! EZPrints does a great job.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    same positive overseas print experience
    I've ordered prints and they've looked nice too.

But recently had a completely unexpected, random order from the UK of one of my landscape prints-- a 20x30 at that! I was a little nervous 'cause that's a pretty big print but I followed the print help directions (resolution is recommended less than typical 300 dpi for that size print) and replaced the photo. The customer e-mailed me a week after ordering to tell me it had arrived and looked great and that he was planning to mount and frame it! thumb.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• ElysiumElysium Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    I ordered some of my own prints about a week ago. They look pretty good, the color is nearly spot on to my uncalibrated monitor which is nice. My only complaint is that it seems like I can see jpeg compression in some of them (only if I look close of course). I save all my pictures at jpeg-9 in PSCS2, not sure if it would still happen if I saved at 12, but 500kb vs 4mb makes 12 a hassle anyway.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    Elysium wrote:
    I ordered some of my own prints about a week ago. They look pretty good, the color is nearly spot on to my uncalibrated monitor which is nice. My only complaint is that it seems like I can see jpeg compression in some of them (only if I look close of course). I save all my pictures at jpeg-9 in PSCS2, not sure if it would still happen if I saved at 12, but 500kb vs 4mb makes 12 a hassle anyway.
    We usually recommentd JPG 10 which is Lab Quality. It's rare when someone can tell the difference between 10 and 11, and nearly impossible at 12.

If you'd like to do a new file, at jpg10 and jpg11 I'll be happy to print it for you at no charge, send email to us with your order number help@smugmug.com attn: Andy :D