e-mails getting returned to sender...

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited September 9, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Can one of the fine genious type folks check out my contact page and related code to see if I have an error on my end. My sister has told me she's e-mailed my twice from my site (contact page) and they have both been returned...
Thanks

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 7, 2006
    Can one of the fine genious type folks check out my contact page and related code to see if I have an error on my end. My sister has told me she's e-mailed my twice from my site (contact page) and they have both been returned...
    Thanks

Hi Anthony,

It's nothing to do with your smugmug site..

this appears in the returned mail message...

Connected to 204.127.225.26 but sender was rejected.
    Remote host said: 550 194.245.148.4 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net -> BL004 Blocked for spam. Please see http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=SecurityMail_Policy18628
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi Anthony,

It's nothing to do with your smugmug site..

this appears in the returned mail message...

Connected to 204.127.225.26 but sender was rejected.
    Remote host said: 550 194.245.148.4 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net -> BL004 Blocked for spam. Please see http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=SecurityMail_Policy18628

So Comcast sees my forwarded e-mail set up as spam.... that blows.... Any suggestions? Contact Joker.com???
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 7, 2006
    So Comcast sees my forwarded e-mail set up as spam.... that blows.... Any suggestions? Contact Joker.com???

it could be the structure of the email....read all that documentation thoroughly...perhaps there is a way to structure the email so it doesn't get picked up.

Sorry, i don't have time to look into it in more detail right now.

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited September 8, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    it could be the structure of the email....read all that documentation thoroughly...perhaps there is a way to structure the email so it doesn't get picked up.

Sorry, i don't have time to look into it in more detail right now.

David
    I e-mailed Joker and Comcast. Comcast sent the basic reply of.. your server has been flagged as a sender of spam..blah blah blah... So it's blackflagged. Joker has yet to reply.
    Andy, if you have and ideas please chime in. I signed up w/ Joker based on rec. from here....ne_nau.gif
    I've tried rerouting to my work's server for now. I hope it works... This only seems to be an issue w/ Comcast....
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2006
    Andy, if you have and ideas please chime in. I signed up w/ Joker based on rec. from here....ne_nau.gif
    Anthony, I'm afraid it's out of our control, and Joker's, too. Comcast is where you have to look. I'm sorry.
    edited September 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Anthony, I'm afraid it's out of our control, and Joker's, too. Comcast is where you have to look. I'm sorry.
    Thanks for replying. I did not have an issue to a short while ago. Now Comcast is being a big pain...
    edited September 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Any suggestions in working around this? A service that offers free e-mail accounts that I can forward to?
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 9, 2006
    Any suggestions in working around this? A service that offers free e-mail accounts that I can forward to?

Anthony, if you need a free email account, I can send you an invitation for a Gmail account. I've not had any problems with them in this regard. Let me know.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited September 9, 2006
    Barb wrote:
    Anthony, if you need a free email account, I can send you an invitation for a Gmail account. I've not had any problems with them in this regard. Let me know.
    That would be great. I can set my outlook express to open it when it opens my comcast accounts so it will all appear seemless on my end.

Side note... I heard of g-mail... but what is it?
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 9, 2006
    That would be great. I can set my outlook express to open it when it opens my comcast accounts so it will all appear seemless on my end.

Side note... I heard of g-mail... but what is it?

GMail is Google's free email service.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign