error with "send to smugmug"

kapplekapple Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited January 2, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have been using "send to smugmug" for a while now. Yesterday it starting giving me a "unhandled execption" error. The error stated:

"An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I have tried everything - removing and reloading the program & system restore to before I had the problem. I also have click "continue" and nothing happens - the program just stays open.

Does anyone understand what this error is? Any suggestions on what to try to make this work again?

Thanks,
Kirsten@SnapApplePhoto.com

Comments

• BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited September 9, 2006
    Ouch, Kirsten, I'm sorry you're seeing this. Several of us talked about this at SmugMug and unfortunately, none of us have seen this error before.

I'll send an email to the developer to see if he knows what it could be.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • Computer NinjaComputer Ninja Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited October 9, 2006
    kapple wrote:
    I have been using "send to smugmug" for a while now. Yesterday it starting giving me a "unhandled execption" error. The error stated:

"An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I have tried everything - removing and reloading the program & system restore to before I had the problem. I also have click "continue" and nothing happens - the program just stays open.

Does anyone understand what this error is? Any suggestions on what to try to make this work again?

Thanks,
    Kirsten@SnapApplePhoto.com

I've started getting this error now, too, for a few weeks.
  • shahineoshahineo Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    I've started getting this error now, too, for a few weeks.

Can you guys let me know what you are doing when you see this error?
  • Computer NinjaComputer Ninja Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited October 16, 2006
    shahineo wrote:
    Can you guys let me know what you are doing when you see this error?

Just trying to upload photos to a new album.
  • shahineoshahineo Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    Just trying to upload photos to a new album.

I believe I know what is causing this.

Make sure all the drop down menus in Send to smugmug have selected items (particularly sort and view).

A fix is in the works.