Testing my new light tent

TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
edited September 10, 2006 in Holy Macro
I have my first paying product shoot tomorrow, so I've been getting my equipment together (PVC is your friend) and doing some testing. I think this came out well - nothing fancy, just a representative sample of what I'll be shooting (kinda - lamps/glassware on a white background). Shot with the 50/1.4 at f/8 with minor processing in PS CS. 100% crops look great. Any last-minute tips or words of advice?

93983756-L.jpg
panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
Sony F717 | Hoya R72

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2006
    This looks very good but the front is a little bit too dark compared to the sides. Other than that it lokos great. Good luck on your first paying shoot!
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • MSPhotographyMSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited September 9, 2006
    Your effort seems to work well. I have a set-up similar and I am getting similar results. I am wondering what method of lighting you are using. Keep up the good work and good luck...
    Mike...
  • Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2006
    Tristan,
    It looks like the left side of the bottle label is a little too blown. I looked at the reflections of the lights in the top portion of the bottle and I would suggest trying to reposition the lamp on the left side just a little to tweak it to provide more even illumination for the front and side portions of the objects you plan to shoot.

Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2006
    :D Great i loved it ! iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2006
    TristanP wrote:
    I have my first paying product shoot tomorrow, so I've been getting my equipment together (PVC is your friend) and doing some testing. I think this came out well - nothing fancy, just a representative sample of what I'll be shooting (kinda - lamps/glassware on a white background). Shot with the 50/1.4 at f/8 with minor processing in PS CS. 100% crops look great. Any last-minute tips or words of advice?

These light tents seem to please folks no end, and I can see why.
    I think the minor light problems other have pointed out to you in this same thread can be overcome quite easily by you.

Hmmmmmmmm wonder how bugs go in these light tents ..... rolleyes1.gif

You did very well with this shot, I'd like one of those light tents myself.
    Thanks for sharing, and good luck...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin