Sisterhood

BillyVerdenBillyVerden Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
edited September 9, 2006 in People
Usually when i go out taking photos, my first shot is my best shot.
This was my first shot that evening...

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 9, 2006
    very neat photo-

my turn-

explanation please-
    cherokee?-
  • BillyVerdenBillyVerden Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2006
    Thanks...
    gefillmore wrote:
    very neat photo-

my turn-

explanation please-
    cherokee?-
    Sorry, no reflections, dang it... lol. Thanks for your comment... yes i believe they were Cherokee. I am i know... hehe... It was during The Cherokee National Holiday last weekend.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 9, 2006
    Sorry, no reflections, dang it... lol. Thanks for your comment... yes i believe they were Cherokee. I am i know... hehe...

eastern tribe near where I live (east tennessee)-

trail of tears not a proud moment in us history-
    edited September 9, 2006
    I agree...
    gefillmore wrote:
    eastern tribe near where I live (east tennessee)-

trail of tears not a proud moment in us history-
    ...i have a shot of an Older Indian Gentleman that i took that night. Even tho he wasn't on the Trail Of Tears you can't help but see it in his eyes and face.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2006
    ...i have a shot of an Older Indian Gentleman that i took that night. Even tho he wasn't on the Trail Of Tears you can't help but see it in his eyes and face.
    If the shot is that expressive, where is it. I think I would love to see it.
    edited September 9, 2006
    If the shot is that expressive, where is it. I think I would love to see it.
    Well i'm not sure what i am going to do with it yet. Its just one of those photos your not sure you actually want to share. One i still want to keep for me.. i'm sure you have taken those kind before. Where it does something to you inside, and you don't want any criticism or suggestions. Because to you its perfect and you want to keep it that way.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2006
    Well now you have our attention! rolleyes1.gif This is such a great shot! So sharp and clear and the color saturation is wonderful!!! And that's just the technical side. This is a great theme as well. There are all kinds of sisterhood most women I know have a special bond with one group or another. thumb.gif
    edited September 9, 2006
    Thank You...
    saurora wrote:
    Well now you have our attention! rolleyes1.gif This is such a great shot! So sharp and clear and the color saturation is wonderful!!! And that's just the technical side. This is a great theme as well. There are all kinds of sisterhood most women I know have a special bond with one group or another. thumb.gif

The colors i really like as well. Not that i had anything to do with them. The costumes/native dress is so colorful. So many different colors i wouldn't think looked good together, look awesome together. Also Saurora, i have gotten a good response from several of the women i have show the print to. They seem to understand something inherently in it. Something more than i think i or most men seem to be able to. I think thats cool.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2006
    I think you're right...women would react to this shot because they can inherently relate to it. This would be a great entry in the current Challenge if it qualifies time-wise!
    edited September 9, 2006
    cool...
    saurora wrote:
    I think you're right...women would react to this shot because they can inherently relate to it. This would be a great entry in the current Challenge if it qualifies time-wise!

Not sure what the challenge topic is, but i took the photo labor day weekend(Friday Evening). And i think you have to take photos expressly for the challenge, if i remember right. But thanks for suggesting it.
  • SirArmstrongSirArmstrong Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2006
    I like the composition, topic and even the colors (perhaps over-saturated ne_nau.gif). Thanks.
    Steve

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

Ansel Adams
    edited September 9, 2006
    Thanks...
    I like the composition, topic and even the colors (perhaps over-saturated ne_nau.gif). Thanks.
    I think possibly the Orange may be a bit oversaturated. But i think orange is somewhat difficult to control, for me anyway.lol. But also the place i have my photos printed seem to be a bit(not alot) less forthcoming with their colors. hehe. But glad you liked it.