digital download/password problem

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited September 9, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Sold my first digital downloads yesterday (which is very cool since I haven't promoted this feature to customers yet). Anyway, got this e-mail from the customer (Pro Order # 168504).

"Hey Pete,

I only viewed the high resolution picture I purchased. I went back to
the link on smugmug to download the 3 other smaller images but the
login kept saying my password/email was incorrect. The high resolution
image dowloaded well at 300 resolution! Thank you!

Let me know about the login."

No big deal-- I was able to e-mail the files to the customer so the issue is resolved on her end (in other words, no one at SM needs to contact her). Just posting here to see if there are some steps (or a password FAQ?) to help customers out with the password feature in the future.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Sold my first digital downloads yesterday (which is very cool since I haven't promoted this feature to customers yet). Anyway, got this e-mail from the customer (Pro Order # 168504).

"Hey Pete,

I only viewed the high resolution picture I purchased. I went back to
    the link on smugmug to download the 3 other smaller images but the
    login kept saying my password/email was incorrect. The high resolution
    image dowloaded well at 300 resolution! Thank you!

Let me know about the login."

No big deal-- I was able to e-mail the files to the customer so the issue is resolved on her end (in other words, no one at SM needs to contact her). Just posting here to see if there are some steps (or a password FAQ?) to help customers out with the password feature in the future.
    If they lose their password, they only need to email us at help@smugmug.com and we can give them a new one instantly :)
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2006
    okay but...
    ... it doesn't sound like she lost her password in this case, but I could be wrong (hey, that's happened before!). Anyway, I will remember the help@smugmug.com for password problems if it comes up in the future. Thank you for your reply, Andy.

This digital download feature is pretty sweet-- how many times do you sell something without even trying or promoting? And... this is the second time in the past month I've made a completely unsolicited, unpromoted sale off my smugmug site. So just want to say, you guys at SM are definitely doing something right-- and I'm getting to focus more on my photography rather than web stuff, which is fine with me. I know I've given a big thumbs up to smugmug in the past, but I'm feeling especially pleased right now. Maybe it's the fat check (for me anyway) from SM that just arrived in the mail today?thumb.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+