Options

Slowwww

2»

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    Now I can do my forum posting with an image link in it.
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    Ken CCPKen CCP Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    Edit: Here's a trick that you can use to get a high priority image to show up right away when things are slow (I remembered pieces of this from the last time we had this discussion). Upload your image. You will see the "processing image..." icon after a little while in the gallery. Once you see that icon, select Replace Photo and select the same image file again from your hard disk. Replace Photo goes to the front of the queue so it will get processed right away, even when other new image uploads are taking a long time to process. I just did this and it worked like a charm. Now I can do my forum posting with an image link in it.

Except 20 minutes later when the original gets to the top of the queue it deletes the replacement too. So they are gone and forum links become broken... Better to wait your turn...

too bad it was a cool tip....
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    Ken CCP wrote:
    Except 20 minutes later when the original gets to the top of the queue it deletes the replacement too. So they are gone and forum links become broken... Better to wait your turn...

too bad it was a cool tip....
    Right you are. Bummer, that's probably a bug that Smugmug lets that happen (either that they let you do replace photo or that the original trounced the replacement). I guess you have to use Replace Photo on any existing already uploded image. Now my online posting is indeed broken and it's in a dumb forum that won't let me edit. Darn.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    jfriend wrote:
    Right you are. Bummer, that's probably a bug that Smugmug lets that happen (either than they let you do replace photo or that the original trounced the replacement). I guess you have to use Replace Photo on any existing already uploded image. Now my online posting is indeed broken and it's in a dumb forum that won't let me edit. Darn.
    Yknow, I was thinking about this last night. Ever since baldy mentioned this little trick a couple years ago, I've used it from time to time myself... the trick is, have a gallery of "junk photos" that you can replace at a later date.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    Yknow, I was thinking about this last night. Ever since baldy mentioned this little trick a couple years ago, I've used it from time to time myself... the trick is, have a gallery of "junk photos" that you can replace at a later date.

Yeah, that requires planning in advance which doesn't help people once they're in the bind. I still think it would be useful if single image uploads could get prioritized first.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    Not sure what the deal is but my photos have been 'processing' for the last 30 minutes?
  • Options
    Thusie wrote:
    Not sure what the deal is but my photos have been 'processing' for the last 30 minutes?
    Hang in there, they'll process. Sorry for the delay. Our engineers are working on it.
  • Options
    MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    Thusie wrote:

mine too. It's driving me crazy :bash
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    No problem Andy, just as long as you folks know there is an issue, it'll get fixed.
    G'nite
  • Options
    spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Folks,

One of our primary network backbone providers started having some major problems. This caused a cascade failure because we couldn't process the files faster than uploads were coming in, causing stalls and a backlog.

We're now back up to normal speed, but we have a huge backlog to go through.

Hang in there while we work through it. We really appreciate everyone's patience.

Seems like the problem is back again. I am having the symptoms again where the files upload then just sit at "Processing Image" forever.

During the day seemed fine, but this is two nights in a row where I have to walk away from a correspondence I am trying to send about my images because I can't get the files uploaded.

Hope this gets worked out.

cheers,
    -Trish
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2006
    spider-t wrote:
    Seems like the problem is back again. I am having the symptoms again where the files upload then just sit at "Processing Image" forever.

During the day seemed fine, but this is two nights in a row where I have to walk away from a correspondence I am trying to send about my images because I can't get the files uploaded.

Hope this gets worked out.

cheers,
    -Trish

I'm having the same problem. I upload the files at a fantastic speed, and then they sit "inqueue" for quite some time... It's been 30 minutes since I uploaded them and they're still saying processing...

Download Speed: 3281 kbps (410.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 352 kbps (44 KB/sec transfer rate)
  • Options
    PHOTOlinkPHOTOlink Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    tuesday 12:15am-S-L-O-O-O-O-W-W-W-W
    yes once again, our little gremlins ae back

NOTICE i am NOT jumping up and down being obnoxious....

'cause i KNOW they WILL eventually get their poop together...

right guys...????!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    Yesterday it took 41, and 52 minutes to process a photo that was less than 25k.

Tonight it took 16 mins to process 5 photos (1.7 mb) so I spose we can say its getting better? eek7.gif
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."