Introduction

stephiewilliamsstephiewilliams Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
edited September 14, 2006 in Sports
Hello Everyone!

Hope you don't mind but I am going to jump right in on this forum. My name is Stephie, and I am a freelancer out of Colorado. My emphasis is on sports however I do a lot of work in other genres as well. I look forward to posting and reading your posts!
Stephie
"AMATEURS try till they get it right, PROS try till they cannot possibly get it wrong."

Gallery - http://stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2006
    Hello Everyone!

Hope you don't mind but I am going to jump right in on this forum. My name is Stephie, and I am a freelancer out of Colorado. My emphasis is on sports however I do a lot of work in other genres as well. I look forward to posting and reading your posts!
    Hi Stephie, and welcome to dgrin! wave.gif

I took a quick look through your galleries, you have some outstanding shots in there clap.gif
    If you have any questions, let us know; plenty of folks to help you out here!
  • CalexPhotoCalexPhoto Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Stephie, and welcome to dgrin! wave.gif

I took a quick look through your galleries, you have some outstanding shots in there clap.gif
    If you have any questions, let us know; plenty of folks to help you out here!
    I have to agree with ivar, there are a lot of folks here that have great comments and are very helpful.
    WELCOME!
    LT
    Sony A700&VG; KM 7D&VG; KM 5D; Min 28-75/2.8; 50/1.7; Tammie 17-50/2.8; Tammie 90/2.8 Macro; Min 80-200/2.8; and Min 300/2.8, two flashes, and a couple of other accessories.
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    Hello and welcome. Jump in any time.wave.gif
    xtnomad :wink
  • OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    Hi, welcome to Dgrin, its a fabulous place. Its nice to see fresh faces around here
    Brad Fite :D
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
    Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
    Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    Welcome Stephie
    This place is not only cool but fun, exciting, funny, wonderful, and a place to learn lots. I've been going through your galleries....nice work! It is so much fun (not to mention enlightening) how other's eyes see things. Great captures. You're gonna love it here! :):
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    Welcome, Stephie!
    Good place needs more good people! iloveyou.gif
    xo-xo
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    Welcome aboard Stephie,

I'm still a relatively new (registered) member myself but I can highly recommend spending some time here.
    I'm in the Sports board most of time and keep coming back because of the willingness to share tips, trix and insight offered by this top notch community.

If you plan on hitting daily post numbers like you did on your first day, you'll either wear your fingers down to nubs or give Andy some serious competition!! rolleyes1.gif
    Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
    www.christophersedgwick.com

• JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    Hello Everyone!

Howdy! I was checking out your galleries....I found them to be unprotected. People can right click and save...even orginals, not good, or maybe you aren't worried about that...ne_nau.gif

I keep originals off, as well as blogs,links, and forums....just an FYI.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    Stephie,

Hi!.......again.... You gave me some advice early this spring on shooting soccer. Thanks & welcome.
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • stephiewilliamsstephiewilliams Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2006
    swartzy - Thanks for the welcome :) I think I love it here already.

f45 - Haha, well when work is slow gotta keep yourself occupied right?

Jeffro - Not really worried. The photos on there are more storage than anything. I have a seperate site for selling of individual images. Anything on there people have purchased the ENTIRE set already. Thanks for the heads up though.

dbaker - Yes I remember that soccer advice. As I recall you had some success! Nice to see you here as well.
    Stephie
    "AMATEURS try till they get it right, PROS try till they cannot possibly get it wrong."

Gallery - http://stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com
  • JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2006
    Welcome to Dgrin, its really a great place. I really enjoy the site, I just wish I had more time to post and comment on all the awesome images and topics.
    Joe
  • dcyphertdcyphert Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2006
    I joined SM in June....this is a great community of minds. I'm a freelancer from NW Pennsylvania and my focus is primarilly sports and portrait photography with an emphasis on composite designs [photography and graphics design]. I am always looking for opportunities to help or share ideas and knowledge, which benefits us all. Although my SM site isn't where I want it right now (especially after seeing so many great examples)...if anyone wants to give some advice on it I'd appreciate it. This forum is a treasure chest of knowledge and experience...I look forward to what lies ahead.
    Dave

Canon EOS 30D, EOS Rebel XT, (2) Canon 430ex ETTL Flash, Canon 70-200mm IS USM L, 28-135mm IS USM lenses, Canon ST-E2 Wireless transmitter, Stroboframe flash bracket, Off camera shoe, Canon Remote Timer