Skorpion Sub by the Queen Mary

ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
edited September 12, 2006 in Holy Macro
As sort of promised to fellow D-grinner Tee Why, I've scanned some shots of that Russian sub next to the Queen Mary. These were taken on an el-cheapo disposable film camera about 6 years ago, and they feature my oldest son Kevin (from a previous marriage), whose whereabouts have not been known to me for over three years now.

Be that as it may, and as I don't yet know how to post more than one image at a time (right, Skippy?), here's a couple peeks inside that sub, with more to follow:
Steve-o

Comments

• ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2006
    Skorpion Sub views 2
    Another couple of peeks:
    Steve-o
    Skorpion sub views 3
    A couple more peeks for you:
    Steve-o
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    Those are pretty cool, Steve. If all sailors were the size of your son, there'd be tons of room in there! :D
    Chris
    Skorpion sub views 4
    One more couple of peeks, for now:
    Steve-o
    Yeah, but some of those Ruskies get kind of big (remember Rocky 3--or was it 4?). And I just remembered something: these shots were taken just a week or two after the Russian sub Kursk went down. The Russian guide who usually was in the sub (I've been through it about 10 times) was understandably absent during that time.
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Those are pretty cool, Steve. If all sailors were the size of your son, there'd be tons of room in there! :D
    Steve-o
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    Forehead wrote:
    As sort of promised to fellow D-grinner Tee Why, I've scanned some shots of that Russian sub next to the Queen Mary. These were taken on an el-cheapo disposable film camera about 6 years ago, and they feature my oldest son Kevin (from a previous marriage), whose whereabouts have not been known to me for over three years now.

Be that as it may, and as I don't yet know how to post more than one image at a time (right, Skippy?), here's a couple peeks inside that sub, with more to follow:

I sent you a message about the images...let me know how you go okay :D

My older brother was a Submariner in the Australian Navy for quite a few years, he was only 19 or 20 at the time I think, based in Sydney at Jarvis Bay.

We got to go on board the Submarine one time, and I was amazed at how closed in it was, very very confined space, man you would not want to be suffering from clostraphobia on one of those :uhoh

We also had a look through the Scope that was pretty cool, we were only young teenagers at the time.

He did tell me this though about life on a Submarine compared to life on the other Naval Ships he had been on ........ he said on a Ship your a number, on a Submarine you know everyone by their first name, he liked the Subs better.

Thanks for sharing I see your son is enjoying everyone moment, hope you get contact with him soon........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2006
    see just as I thought, cramped and full of metal objects sticking out to smack your camera into.
    :O
    Sigh. Ya just can't please some people.

If you wanted padding, I'm sure that the local sanitorium can accommodate you!

Oh, BTW, you're welcome :D
    Tee Why wrote:
    see just as I thought, cramped and full of metal objects sticking out to smack your camera into.
    :O
    Steve-o
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    :D nice photos and cute kid :D
    Yeah i remember littel about yellow submarine somewhere in USA i think Sea word but what i saw through windows was breathtaking and i cannot forget that even after 16 years iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery