Which one for synch?

LamarzLamarz Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited September 13, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2006
    Hi Lamar,

I like the possibilities of the second one best, but I think it's a bit too broad of a shot. You might try to reshoot from a closer in perspective if you can get to the same location again. The first one is different, but it looks a bit cluttered and doesn't really suggest a repeating pattern (looks more like they're having a struggle to perform the trick than their being in harmonious synch). The third one looks like it might be a photo of a painting, which verges on copyright infringement, so I'd nix that one as well (unless it's a painting YOU painted, in which case, it's quite nice...the painting, that is!) If you can reshoot the chairs and find a pattern that suggests something of an outside (mystical, spiritual, etc.) power that has directed them into the pattern they've made, then I think that would be your best shot. Hope this helps! ~Nee :)
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • LamarzLamarz Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 13, 2006
    Hi Nee,

Thanks for the kind reply. Yes I like the second one best too, thought that was the one I posted as the first one. I was thinking of naming it 'Kinetic Synchronicity." The chairs were there for music after the parade, no going back. The first one was taken at the parade as they passed by and now that you mention it, it does look like they are struggling, probably a few moments before or after prime time.

The third one I threw in because it was 9-11. The story of that one is a poster on another forum posted a rather bland pic of the towers and asked if anybody could do something with it. Somebody posted a pencil sketch and another posted a vivid version. I took the two and blended them to make this one.

Maybe I'll work on a pic of halftime entertaiment dancers I got under last Friday night lights, probably do artsy to hide the noise.

Thanks again for the nice reply,
    Lamar

PS I read the directions for posting images, will do next time. thumb.gif
    Nee7x7 wrote:
    Hi Lamar,

I like the possibilities of the second one best, but I think it's a bit too broad of a shot. You might try to reshoot from a closer in perspective if you can get to the same location again. The first one is different, but it looks a bit cluttered and doesn't really suggest a repeating pattern (looks more like they're having a struggle to perform the trick than their being in harmonious synch). The third one looks like it might be a photo of a painting, which verges on copyright infringement, so I'd nix that one as well (unless it's a painting YOU painted, in which case, it's quite nice...the painting, that is!) If you can reshoot the chairs and find a pattern that suggests something of an outside (mystical, spiritual, etc.) power that has directed them into the pattern they've made, then I think that would be your best shot. Hope this helps! ~Nee :)