Options

Site from custom domain still problematic

CammoCammo Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited September 12, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,

I am still having problems with probably 1 in 10 visitors not being able to access my site from the domain www.cameronlaird.com. Just returns a "Page cannot be displayed" Where do I start in fixing this - I have no idea where the problem lies, my host says it is definately not them (register4less)..

Your thoughts?

Cammo

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2006
    Cammo wrote:
    Hi,

I am still having problems with probably 1 in 10 visitors not being able to access my site from the domain www.cameronlaird.com. Just returns a "Page cannot be displayed" Where do I start in fixing this - I have no idea where the problem lies, my host says it is definately not them (register4less)..

Your thoughts?

Cammo
    Hi Cammo, sorry you are having trouble with your custom domain name. Your domain is pingable just fine, and we hit your site from IE6, Firefox, and Safari no problems.

The only thing we can do, is if a customer can't reach your site, and they *also* can't reach it by http:/camlaird.smugmug.com then there's a problem we can work on. Your CNAME is set up properly.

If you'd like us to help with your domain host, have them write to me c/o the help desk and I'll be happy to see what I can do.