My picture orders

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited September 13, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I placed an order from MY site last nite. No problems.
But the gallery is set for 5 day "delay." I have received no notice of the order so as to say send it now or for me to replace the pic. Why is this?
I did receive an e-mail confirming the order... So the order went thru.
But why no "delay" option working?

Comments

• DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2006
    Were you signed in when you ordered it? I'm willing to bet that the delay only applies when clients purchase pictures from your site. Smugmug probably figures that if the photographer is ordering the picture, they already have it the way they want it :)
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    DodgeV83 wrote:
    Were you signed in when you ordered it? I'm willing to bet that the delay only applies when clients purchase pictures from your site. Smugmug probably figures that if the photographer is ordering the picture, they already have it the way they want it :)
    Yes I was signed in... your explanation sounds plausable to me...
    By the way.... I was following your drama of the dropdown menu... Nice code...mwink.gif Seems familiar...headscratch.gif
    Hope you get that issue resolved. I love MY dropdowns. I'm sure you will to once they work as expected...
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    I placed an order from MY site last nite. No problems.
    But the gallery is set for 5 day "delay." I have received no notice of the order so as to say send it now or for me to replace the pic. Why is this?
    I did receive an e-mail confirming the order... So the order went thru.
    But why no "delay" option working?
    There's no pro email when you order at your own pricing, Anthony.
    Andy wrote:
    There's no pro email when you order at your own pricing, Anthony.
    Does that mean no delay for proofing?
    Does that mean no delay for proofing?
    No, the proof delay is on, since you set it in the gallery.

We can cancel it if you wish, and you can reorder with new gallery settings, if you like? Let us know at help@smugmug.com what your desire is.
    Andy wrote:
    No, the proof delay is on, since you set it in the gallery.

We can cancel it if you wish, and you can reorder with new gallery settings, if you like? Let us know at help@smugmug.com what your desire is.
    No need to cancel. But I'm not seeing the order come up on the oder page. So I can not let SM know the pics good to go and to process and ship NOW... Sounds like an issue to get fixed by SM...ne_nau.gif
    No need to cancel. But I'm not seeing the order come up on the oder page. So I can not let SM know the pics good to go and to process and ship NOW... Sounds like an issue to get fixed by SM...ne_nau.gif
    It won't appear on your order page, because it was at no-profit. Therefore, no "ship it" button. If you want to track personal orders, you must raise prices by one penny.
    edited September 13, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    It won't appear on your order page, because it was at no-profit. Therefore, no "ship it" button. If you want to track personal orders, you must raise prices by one penny.
    So I would have to re-set the gallery pricing, place the order, then re-set the pricing back to original so I can use the "ship it." That just seems like a poor methodology....
    So I would have to re-set the gallery pricing, place the order, then re-set the pricing back to original so I can use the "ship it." That just seems like a poor methodology....
    Or, remove the proof delay, place your order, and off they go to the printer automatically :D
    Andy wrote:
    Or, remove the proof delay, place your order, and off they go to the printer automatically :D
    either way... it seems like a poor set up... But if that's the worst I have to deal w/ in my dealings w/ Smugmug.... you've got a customer for a long time...
    Thanks
    either way... it seems like a poor set up... But if that's the worst I have to deal w/ in my dealings w/ Smugmug.... you've got a customer for a long time...
    Thanks
    Thanks Anthony - we just don't have a way to handle proof delays by the pro himself.
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks Anthony - we just don't have a way to handle proof delays by the pro himself.
    But I guess I'm unclear... is there or isn't there a delay for pro orders?