Upload from many people

aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
edited September 13, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I just got back from a wedding weekend and stuck with being the contact person for everyone's photos.

As a power user, what can I do? I understand that I can upgrade to pro and that would solve all of my problems. However, I was wondering if there are any other options.

I recall that I tell people to upload via e-mail.
http://www.smugmug.com/help/camera-phones

However, this seems like I'm changing my login e-mail address, and that I can only do this for one person at a time.

Any other options? Send to Smumug?

-april

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2006
    aktse wrote:
    I just got back from a wedding weekend and stuck with being the contact person for everyone's photos.

As a power user, what can I do? I understand that I can upgrade to pro and that would solve all of my problems. However, I was wondering if there are any other options.

I recall that I tell people to upload via e-mail.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/camera-phones

However, this seems like I'm changing my login e-mail address, and that I can only do this for one person at a time.

It should be possible to get the people to email the photos to smugmug. You'll then have the unenviable task of sorting the photos into a proper gallery.

In the control panel, click on "change email address". Do _not_ alter your email address, but add a photo email password in the relevant field.

Anyone can then email photos to username@email.smugmug.com
    It is important that they put the email password in the _subject_line_ of their email. If they do not, then the photos will not be uploaded (there is no rejection notice).
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2006
    PBolchover wrote:
    Anyone can then email photos to username@email.smugmug.com
    It is important that they put the email password in the _subject_line_ of their email. If they do not, then the photos will not be uploaded (there is no rejection notice).

Thanks! It worked.

I now the slow progress of sorting everything.
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2006
    :wow I was not aware of this feature. I've been wanting to allow family to upload to some private galleries, this solves my problem! clap.gif I guess I ought to go back & RTFM again...