edited December 8, 2004
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2004
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2004
    Beautiful pics, Humungus. And I'm glad you got the border down pat. :D
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    edited December 8, 2004
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    So is everyone else in the street mate.
    Nah...most likely sleeping until the next 3-4 hours. It's 4am here in Miami, FL. (GMT-5)
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2004
    Congrats Mr. RotWL clap.gif

It's a great feeling when you make a big breakthrough like that!
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2004
    Fantastic Humungus! (are you sure you didn't take any of my way of writing, one of your type "types" looks like the one I use)

They are gorgeous photos, have seen at least one before, but they are really enhanced by the border et al. clap.gif

So yesterday was productive, you learned to frame and write. I learned to extract. Is this the day we rest? rolleyes1.gif I just can't seem to get myself to the beach these days, I mean mornings, days are too late.

Am thinking of checking out outdoor holliday stuff this weekend, but that is just a thought. I always want my dogs with me. Unless it is the beach I really do need my husband with me. Three dogs...... And here in the USA, freedom does not apply to dogs, very few places we can go in.

I love that last photo. Are those stitched that length? Or are they cropped in that format?

ginger 1drink.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2004
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2004
    Nice images Humungus.
    Glad you got your PS togetherthumb.gif
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited December 9, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    12448301-L.jpg

Humungus pulls his tee-shirt over his head & runs around the room cheering .....trips over the moggie & crash's into the the telly.

Thanks everyone for their help with my troubles but i have just got it at last following Pathfinders way.

Sunrise over Brisbane by the way.

Sorry I was late to the party, 'gus ( some of us actually still have to work ya know...)

Looking good, dude!! Way to go. What great pictha's too! The red of your images is set off nicely by the drop shadow framing! I love your panoramic also. I keep telling posters that DSLRs are not the secret to great images, that a great photographers eye and brain are the key, and these shots are perfect demonstrations of that! Cool work!!

Drop shadows are helpful and look nice for monitor presentations, but may not be the best way to present real prints on paper. If the image is going to be matted and framed under glass, drop shadows are not always an assett in every one's eye.
    Good on ya, mate! Have a beer on the house! :slurp
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2004
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited December 9, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    I want a DSLR...no 2 ways about it but i dont think i would use it like my little cameras. I drive all day around the city/outskirts & local islands for work & the camera lives next to my ham & pickle sammys & choc brownies (gotta thank the yanks for choc brownies !!) in my lunch box. I just rip it out & hit the on button.

If i had better stuff i would complicate myself with "is this shot better with that glass etc"

This way i always have a camera with me & limited decisions. Plus i would have lens envy within mins & as we all know...good glass is the photogs crack.

I am getting close to one of these..what do you recon PF ?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Panasonic/panasonic_dmcfz20.asp

They have 12x & are stabilised so should help me get some wildlife stuff.

Bit about the lens

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/fz20/megaois.html

I have no experience with this camera in particular so I want to be careful what I say. The in camera image stabiisation works well and gets fairly good reviews - and will be needed with long telephoto shooting.
    The lens gets very good reviews. If I were you, I would try to beg, borrow or steal ( not really) one of these cameras and shoot off a few frames and then examine the images on your computer before you decide. Might be able to find original images on the Web somewhere also to examine.

You probably have already been here , but this is a forum regarding the DMC-FZ20

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1033

and here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=panasonic_dmcfz20

Most of the owners seem enthusiastic enough, but there are criticisms of the EVF. The 5 MegaPixel limit may not seem like much today, but a year from now 5 Mpxl cameras are not going to seem like the cat's meow, I am looking forward to, and not buying another P&S, until they hit 8 Mpixels AND use an APS sized sensor. I keep waiting for a really nice 8Mpxl rangefinder stlye camera based on the sensor used in the 20D.. Now that I would buy.

M Reichman, of Luminous Landscape, bought a Minolta A2 for his use - He liked the EVF in it and the fact that the lens zoomed manually as opposed to motor driven and switch controlled. Much more precision with manual zoom as opposed to motor driven. Only 7x zoom optical and 2x digital. It offers a higher ISO of 800. Good for those LED-lit nudes you are doing. :D It even shoots in RAW ( YES, that is a pun, too!!) But it does offer RAW file saving which means that potentially it offers substantial improvements in image quality.

The bad news is that the A2 is about twice the price of the DMC-FC20, altho the A2 may begin to come down in the near future - like spring maybe ( That would be fall for you I think)

Not sure if this helped or just mucked up the waters, 'gus.

headscratch.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2004
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited December 10, 2004
    That first one is the cat's meow! The color in the upper left corner is
    subtle but you got it. Very nice.

Have another pint on the house mate!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?