Options

SOLD: Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 USM

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited September 21, 2006 in House of Canon
IMHO, this lens is very close to L quality....................

includes the canon matched lens hood!!!!

One price includes PAYPAL fees and shipping!

price = $575.95

The Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM is an ultra wide-angle zoom lens with dynamic expressive capability for all EF-S mount digital EOS cameras, exceptionally small and lightweight for maximum mobility.
With an effective focal length range of approximately 16-35mm in 35mm format, this lens allows you to get extremely close to subjects, exaggerating the difference in size between a near object and its background. Creative photographers can use this phenomenon to create excellent separation between subject and background for a strong sense of presence, or for a pan-focus effect with everything from foreground to background sharply in focus.
Designed specifically for digital photography, the lens has specially shaped lens elements and Super Spectra coatings to suppress ghosting and flare, which can be caused by reflections off digital camera sensors. An exclusive optional lens hood can further reduce the incidence of flare.
Note: Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras, or for 35mm size "full-frame" digital cameras, e.g. 1Ds or Kodak Pro SLR/c.

PM IF INTERESTED !

TROY

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2006
    Troy,

It's like you're selling off all your Canon gear. As the kids used to like to say "Whus Up?"
  • Options
    Troy,

It's like you're selling off all your Canon gear. As the kids used to like to say "Whus Up?"

nah, I'll always be a CANON guy....
    what Im doing is "changing" my lens line-up....

Im FINALLY at a point where I "think" I know what I need:

1) fast lens for soccer - SIGMA 120-300 f/2.8 (hopefully w/TC i can use it for my birds), yeah I know its heavy.. But I got a monopod.
    2) Keeping Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS for school / ballet events...
    3) Canon 50 f/1.8 ( I think i want this for "portraits" )
    4) Sony R1 for the 24-105 range

but as always, i probably just screwed up my whole line-up with bad choices.... ;(
    ANYWAY - the point is the CANON 10-22 IS a FANTASTIC LENS and anybody who wants it should act fast before ANDY ( hopefully ) corrects my thinking and tells me to pull it....

troy
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    windoze wrote:
    ANYWAY - the point is the CANON 10-22 IS a FANTASTIC LENS and anybody who wants it should act fast before ANDY ( hopefully ) corrects my thinking and tells me to pull it....

troy
    Yeah, the 10-22 is a very sweet lens. If one even thinks they might want to do some UWA/WA work, this is the lens to have IMHO.
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2006
    Troy, It's like you're selling off all your Canon gear.
    Troy is always selling gear -- he's a one-man Trading Post. I don't think that means he's getting out of Canon, just that he trades his own equipment often or finds good deals for resale (to pay for his habit :): ).

$595 for the 10-22? Aw man, where was this deal when I paid $675 for mine a few months ago?! ....Good deal, someone oughta snap this up pronto.
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    photobug wrote:
    Troy is always selling gear -- he's a one-man Trading Post. I don't think that means he's getting out of Canon, just that he trades his own equipment often or finds good deals for resale (to pay for his habit :): ).

$595 for the 10-22? Aw man, where was this deal when I paid $675 for mine a few months ago?! ....Good deal, someone oughta snap this up pronto.

i have issues..........
    im the kind of guy who always looks at what the other guy has ( at least I can admit it ). The real pity is that all the new stuff doesnt make you a better photographer and I KNOW THAT! But I often get myself in these jams when I buy somehting better and then i have to sell off stuff to finance my new stuff...

its a sicknesss! and BTW, do ya think its helpful that im so close to ANDY!
    im selling some lenses to afford my new lens.... a sigma 120-300 f/2.8. YEAH, i know its over kill for my purposes but I want better pictures of my son playing soccer! So is that bad? I hope not - its my only vice in life. I DONT smoke, i DONT drink I dont look at other women ( well ok, 2/3 aint bad ) ;)

troy
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this...but I really shouldn't.
  • Options
    truth wrote:
    I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this...but I really shouldn't.

I RESERVE THE RIGHT "NOT TO SELL" FOR 18 HOURS!

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN.... IT MEANS THAT I WANTED TO SELL THIS LENS AND AM PLANNING TO BUT..... I JUST FOUND OUT I "MIGHT" BE ABLE TO KEEP IT. :)

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED SEND ME A PM AND I WILL CONTACT YOU ON A 1ST COME SERVE BASIS.
    I SHOULD KNOW BY LATE TONIGHT.

IF A MODERATOR WANTS TO PULL THIS TILL TOMORROW ITS FINE WITH ME BUT IM PROBABLY GOING TO STILL HAVE IT FOR SALE......

TROY
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    im the kind of guy who always looks at what the other guy has ( at least I can admit it ).
    Troy, you're an honest man. That's a GOOD thing. Don't change that.
    The real pity is that all the new stuff doesnt make you a better photographer and I KNOW THAT!
    You're saying what every one of us reading this is already thinking ... we all know that, but we all also keep buying new toys, thinking they'll help. And sometimes they do ... a little. Mostly they give us new ways to marvel at our own photographic shortcomings (oh, gee, I can goof that up just as well with a 400mm f/2.8 as with a 135mm f/4! mwink.gif).
    BTW, do ya think its helpful that im so close to ANDY!
    The answer to that question is "DUH". (and I thank heaven that I live on the opposite coast!)
    my new lens.... a sigma 120-300 f/2.8. YEAH, i know its over kill for my purposes but I want better pictures of my son playing soccer! So is that bad?
    Bad? BAD?! Naw, you're a great dad who loves to immortalize your son's soccer history!

And oh yeah ... it's also a great excuse to buy more photo toys.

Whoo, the 120-300. Pricey (but nice!) bit 'o kit, there, mate! I've lusted a bit after that one myself, but how (even with a monopod) does it do on the long end of the focal range without IS (Sigma: OS)? I have a Sigma 80-200 OS and I'm very impressed with its optical quality ... seems to me to be fully in the Canon "L" league. The only things I'd change about it are (1) faster AF (why the heck didn't they put HSM focusing in a $999 lens?) and (2) larger max aperture (it's f/4.5-5.6) If Sigma came out with another lens in that approx zoom range with HSM, OS, and a bit larger max aperture .... hmmm.

What about the 120-300 do you like better than your 70-200 f/2.8L? Just the focal lengths past 200?

I hope not - its my only vice in life. I DONT smoke, i DONT drink I dont look at other women ( well ok, 2/3 aint bad ) ;)
    rolleyes1.gif
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    James SJames S Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2006
    Man always too early. I will be ready to purchase one of these in about a week. If it is still availabe I will pm you.
  • Options
    edited September 16, 2006
    rex wrote:
    Man always too early. I will be ready to purchase one of these in about a week. If it is still availabe I will pm you.

you SHOULD PM me.........

troy
  • Options
    edited September 17, 2006
    windoze wrote:
    you SHOULD PM me.........

troy

still for sale, sorry about any confusion i might have caused.......

troy
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2006
    windoze wrote:
    IMHO, this lens is very close to L quality....................

includes the canon matched lens hood!!!!

One price includes PAYPAL fees and shipping!

price = $575.95

The Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM is an ultra wide-angle zoom lens with dynamic expressive capability for all EF-S mount digital EOS cameras, exceptionally small and lightweight for maximum mobility.
    With an effective focal length range of approximately 16-35mm in 35mm format, this lens allows you to get extremely close to subjects, exaggerating the difference in size between a near object and its background. Creative photographers can use this phenomenon to create excellent separation between subject and background for a strong sense of presence, or for a pan-focus effect with everything from foreground to background sharply in focus.
    Designed specifically for digital photography, the lens has specially shaped lens elements and Super Spectra coatings to suppress ghosting and flare, which can be caused by reflections off digital camera sensors. An exclusive optional lens hood can further reduce the incidence of flare.
    Note: Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras, or for 35mm size "full-frame" digital cameras, e.g. 1Ds or Kodak Pro SLR/c.

PM IF INTERESTED !

TROY

price above is a reduced price and includes the lens hood!

last chance...... going once...

troy
  • Options
    k2c1959k2c1959 Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2006
    10-22
    pm sent to ya troy
    Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away......

" I wasn't born in Oklahoma, but I got here as fast as I could! "

http://k2c-ridge.smugmug.com/
    Member NAPP
  • Options
    edited September 21, 2006
    k2c1959 wrote:
    pm sent to ya troy

PM sent back.....

troy
  • Options