Can I use my own gallery?

SnupdaterSnupdater Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited September 14, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have an existing site that has sports and community based web pages with lots of (thumbnail) pictures. If I can handle the user selection of pictures from my end, is there any way I can pass the user and the selected picture names over to smugmug, via hyperlink, to complete the order process? (I understand I'll need to preload to orignal jpg files to my smugmug account, in advance.)

Thanks!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2006
    Snupdater wrote:
    I have an existing site that has sports and community based web pages with lots of (thumbnail) pictures. If I can handle the user selection of pictures from my end, is there any way I can pass the user and the selected picture names over to smugmug, via hyperlink, to complete the order process? (I understand I'll need to preload to orignal jpg files to my smugmug account, in advance.)

Thanks!
    Hi Snupdater, welcome to Dgrin and thanks for looking at SmugMug!

That sounds tricky, and I'm wondering why you'd want essentially two websites. Have you considered just one, on SmugMug?
  • SnupdaterSnupdater Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Snupdater, welcome to Dgrin and thanks for looking at SmugMug!

That sounds tricky, and I'm wondering why you'd want essentially two websites. Have you considered just one, on SmugMug?

The website (snupdate.com) includes community and team-based pages that have schedules, announcements, coach comments, and game coverage. It is really more of an online (community) newspaper that, by the way, covers games and activities in digital detail. Our site and infrastructure already exist. Now, I'm just looking for a way to also sell the pics. I know I can kind of mirror my site with a smugmug gallery, but would prefer to hand users off to a purchase page, after they've made their selections. Thanks!
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    I'm sure I've seen some sites that seem to be independant, then hand off gallery tasks to a Smugmug site. So, essentially "embedding" the Smugmug pages within the overall site; this may be the way you want to go.