The Truth Is In The Shudder (shutter?)

saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
edited September 15, 2006 in People
THE TRUTH IS IN THE SHUDDER...
I was informed by my niece and my sister (her mother) that my nephew had learned to eat Orange Marmelade and just "loved it". So while we were having breakfast at Ruby's Diner in Seal Beach, we gave him a piece of toast with marmelade on it. His resulting expression would suggest they were wrong, don't ya think?

94518987-L.jpg

94468271-L.jpg

94468283-L.jpg
http://saurora.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=94468283

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 14, 2006
    susan-

hilarious!-

good capture-
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    the first is just a crying kid (sorry), it needed the context to tell the story, but I still suspect it means more to you & you sister.

I *do* like the third though, and all three have good exposure and nice natural light & colour.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    Hey Susan!

The story I see here is
    1. Ate some marmelade, didn't like it
    2. Well, maybe it wasn't so bad
    3. Hey, can I have some more?
    These are cute shots and I do like the last one.

When my son was about that age, we were eating a Taco Bell. He got a hold on one of the taco sauce packets (this was back when the sauce came in packets that look like the resaurant jelly packets). Leslie and I were thinking no big deal. The next thing we know, he has squeezed it in his hand, had sauce running down his arm and was licking if off and liking it!

Kind'a wish I was into photography then like I am now. I might have had a capture of the event. Oh well!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    adrian_k wrote:
    the first is just a crying kid (sorry), it needed the context to tell the story, but I still suspect it means more to you & you sister.

I *do* like the third though, and all three have good exposure and nice natural light & colour.

Guess you had to have been there..........No, he wasn't crying, it was just a natural "grimace and shudder" to the tartness of the marmelade. Like when you first pop a sourball into your mouth...
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    Great series, I love his expression in #1
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    those turned out REALLY cute! great job!

btw, I LOVE that chair in the background-right. but it's really distracting.

- RE
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    Nicely done S.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    priceless!

thanks to screen scroll I didn't see the first picture until after I read your intro... when I rolled the photo into view I burst out laughing rolleyes1.gif

all 3 shots are very nice clap.gif
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2006
    :D Nice captures Susan.
    saurora wrote:

94468283-L.jpg

Yo' Auntie Sue...fetch me a lager while you're up..... would ya. :uhoh rolleyes1.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • germaine_sbagermaine_sba Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    No. 1 is a perfect capture of that "what did you do to me?" look that toddlers get. The whole series would make a good ad for something. thumb.gif
    Lord, keep my words sweet. Someday, I may have to eat them.
    http://www.germaine.smugmug.com
    gefillmore wrote:
    susan-

hilarious!-

good capture-

Thanks George....thought we could all use a good laugh or at least a grin! :D
    Hey Susan!

The story I see here is
    1. Ate some marmelade, didn't like it
    2. Well, maybe it wasn't so bad
    3. Hey, can I have some more?
    These are cute shots and I do like the last one.

When my son was about that age, we were eating a Taco Bell. He got a hold on one of the taco sauce packets (this was back when the sauce came in packets that look like the resaurant jelly packets). Leslie and I were thinking no big deal. The next thing we know, he has squeezed it in his hand, had sauce running down his arm and was licking if off and liking it!

Kind'a wish I was into photography then like I am now. I might have had a capture of the event. Oh well!

Hi Scott...yeah, you never know when those little guys are going to give you their best "mugs".
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Nicely done S.

Gary

Thanks Gary!
    Thanks Douglas and Ross, too!
    Angelo wrote:
    priceless!

thanks to screen scroll I didn't see the first picture until after I read your intro... when I rolled the photo into view I burst out laughing rolleyes1.gif

all 3 shots are very nice clap.gif

Thanks Angelo...the shot definitely needed to be set up with a story! Glad it had the same effect on you that it did on me when it happened...It was all I could do to keep shooting I was laughing so hard. :):
    :D Nice captures Susan.

Yo' Auntie Sue...fetch me a lager while you're up..... would ya. :uhoh rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Mike....not sure what the "high five" was intended for (maybe he was flagging down the waitress...) we call him Mr. Entertainment...he's into doing anything to see what effect it will have on his "audience". rolleyes1.gif
    No. 1 is a perfect capture of that "what did you do to me?" look that toddlers get. The whole series would make a good ad for something. thumb.gif

Thanks Germaine! :D
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    Great captures of a really cute kid, love number three! I also like the setting, is that an old fashioned diner?

Malte
    Hi Malte...yes, Ruby's is a "fifties-inspired" eatery with good food and even better.....friendly service with a smile! And lots of neat decor. :D