Canon Imagebrowser

PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
edited September 17, 2006 in Finishing School
I have a macbook, recently purchased(intel duo processor)
and have installed Canon Digital Camera 12.1 Ver. software.
One of the reasons I liked the imagebrowser is after I view a photo, the icon next to the photo in a file , would change and show a small sample of the photo and the image number.

The other is to be able to finally place a owners name in the camera settings, so the photo info would include my name.

But, when I connect the camera (usb) the imagebrowser states it cant find the camera.

So I went to Canon website and noticed that the software is unsupported for the Mac-Intel Duo , at this time.

Now Im concerned if it was a bad idea to download this software disk.

Should I not worry about adding my owner name , and wait for Canon to come up with an update?
Any advise?

Thankyou
Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net

Comments

• mikewaymikeway Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 17, 2006
    Image browser use
    Pamela wrote:
    I have a macbook, recently purchased(intel duo processor)
    and have installed Canon Digital Camera 12.1 Ver. software.
    One of the reasons I liked the imagebrowser is after I view a photo, the icon next to the photo in a file , would change and show a small sample of the photo and the image number.

The other is to be able to finally place a owners name in the camera settings, so the photo info would include my name.

But, when I connect the camera (usb) the imagebrowser states it cant find the camera.

So I went to Canon website and noticed that the software is unsupported for the Mac-Intel Duo , at this time.

Now Im concerned if it was a bad idea to download this software disk.

Should I not worry about adding my owner name , and wait for Canon to come up with an update?
    Any advise?

Thankyou

You will find that ImageBrowser currently doesn't work when connected directly to the camera. In fact neither does Digital Photo Pro and a variety of other tools. Fortunately, that doesn't stop you from using the software. I have found DPP very useful especially for batch procesing and converting. I place the CF card in a normal card reader and all is well, upload the raw files, then process normally.

The software uasually works fine on a MacBookPro, that's what I use. I believe though that I will soon upgrade to 2 gig of ram. Apple Aperture and Adobe Photoshop CS2 work well.

Mike
  • PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    Hi Mike,
    Welcome to Dgrin!
    Thankyou for the great info
    Yes, I have been using a card reader the same way for now.

I was just going to make a thread about this, and noticed your reply.
    I just spoke to a friend of mine who went to a adobe photoshop seminar, she
    was told by the speaker , that anyone who has recently bought new Intel Duo Processor computers, are not going to be able to use alot of CS2 features, and they should wait for CS3.

I recently bought a Macbook - and I have been told by others that Adobe 6.0
    will not work with this computer.
    I really need a photoshop program, but I dont know if I should wait for CS3, or get CS2.

The reason I need to get the Canon software set up is, with my old computer the Canon software couldnt be used, and I never got the change to add my name into the owners name area of the camera info setting.
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    There is nothing that you can't do on a MBP with CS2. I don't know what they're talking about. Sure, you take a small performance hit because it's running under emulation, but it's very workable.

Also, if I'm understanding what it is that you want to do, everything can be accomplished in CS2/Bridge. You don't need the Canon software.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    Thankyou David

So what you are saying is, that I can add the owners name to the exif info using CS2?

If that is so then Im finally getting somewhere on info Ive been looking for.
    Do you know if batch processing can be done with CS2?

That would save me alot of time.
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
    Yes, and yes.

I'm about to sit down to dinner, so I don't have time to explain how, but I know that someone else will jump in and help you out!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Perfect

Thankyou

Have a great dinner david.
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
    The way I add copyright info to my images is this (I think, I'm working from memory on the first part):

Make a new, blank image (one with no metadata!). Select it in Bridge, Get Info on it, and then fill in the copyright info that I want to use. In the upper right corner of the window there's a pull down menu where you can save it as a template. From then on, you just append metadata using that template.
    Moderator Emeritus