Options

Ordering Process Issues.

dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
edited September 14, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
OK I just went through the ordering process and there was some things I was expecting to find that are rather normal for check out carts that I didn't find and well it confused me as to why it wasn't there. And I'm sure my clients as well as other people might get thrown by these things too.

First, There is no clear, easy to find (or any at all that I could find), list of payment options. Going through the process it looks like you only accept credit cards (it never actually states this anywhere which would be nice), but it never says what kind of credit cards you accept. I did a search on dgrin, smugmug, google, I looked through the faq's, ordering help, and all of those pages. No where does it mention payment options or types of credit cards. I would think that the types of credit cards accepted at least would be something that should be clearly listed.

After typing the second comment out and re-reading it I think it was more of a I was confused cause of the first thing that I didn't notice the second thing was actually there.

Most if not every site I shop on always has the payment information completely seperate from the billing and shipping address. This being combined on your shopping car threw me as I wasn't used to that and since I didn't see a section anywhere that clearly showed payment options (Visa, MC, Amex, Paypal, Discover, Some dude on the corner, Etc) I didn't notice that it automatically filled in my credit card info when I clicked to use the billing address that was on file.
Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
www.zxstudios.com
http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2006
    OK I just went through the ordering process and there was some things I was expecting to find that are rather normal for check out carts that I didn't find and well it confused me as to why it wasn't there. And I'm sure my clients as well as other people might get thrown by these things too.

First, There is no clear, easy to find (or any at all that I could find), list of payment options. Going through the process it looks like you only accept credit cards (it never actually states this anywhere which would be nice), but it never says what kind of credit cards you accept. I did a search on dgrin, smugmug, google, I looked through the faq's, ordering help, and all of those pages. No where does it mention payment options or types of credit cards. I would think that the types of credit cards accepted at least would be something that should be clearly listed.

After typing the second comment out and re-reading it I think it was more of a I was confused cause of the first thing that I didn't notice the second thing was actually there.

Most if not every site I shop on always has the payment information completely seperate from the billing and shipping address. This being combined on your shopping car threw me as I wasn't used to that and since I didn't see a section anywhere that clearly showed payment options (Visa, MC, Amex, Paypal, Discover, Some dude on the corner, Etc) I didn't notice that it automatically filled in my credit card info when I clicked to use the billing address that was on file.
    Thanks for the suggestions, Dragon. I'll be sure that folks see this.