First Print from Smugmug

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited September 16, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Finally decided to have one of my own shots printed and I'm so pleased:thumb

I read and followed the tutorial, nice job folks. Did the soft proof with the EZprints profile, tagged the image and then when out on a limb with true color. PERFECT!

The print matches what I see on my monitor exactly, yippee, well done folks:clap:clap:clap

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Finally decided to have one of my own shots printed and I'm so pleasedthumb.gif

I read and followed the tutorial, nice job folks. Did the soft proof with the EZprints profile, tagged the image and then when out on a limb with true color. PERFECT!

The print matches what I see on my monitor exactly, yippee, well done folksclap.gifclapclap.gif

w000t it's really nice to hear, Nonda. Thanks for letting us know, it means a lot.

Prints, are what it's all about, to me. Sure, I love sharing online, and displaying electronically, but Oh The Prints!
  • flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    Thusie wrote:
    Finally decided to have one of my own shots printed and I'm so pleasedthumb.gif

The print matches what I see on my monitor exactly, yippee, well done folksclap.gifclapclap.gif

I can second that!
    I have received prints from Smugmug (EZPrints). Always very good! thumb.gifthumb.gif

Once i got pictures that had cut of part of the sides... more than i expected, but still within the allowed values for the 'bleed'. But they reprinted them for free after i changed my pics to better allow for that bleed.
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    You know if I hadn't read all the tutorial I wouldn't have known about the bleed and cutting and the shot I wanted printed as an 8x10 was at the limits, me thinks. So I used canvas taking it out to 11x14, bit of overkill but I have pleanty of room to add matting and frame and keep the photo at 8x10.

Won't go quite that far next time:D
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    3rd that... I've probably ordered ~75 prints small to large and have always been pleased with the quality. Ive got at least one of them hanging up in my apartment too! thumb.gif

104187_78bfcb0cf52407c7134288cf2403dea2.jpg
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    sirsloop wrote:
    3rd that... I've probably ordered ~75 prints small to large and have always been pleased with the quality. Ive got at least one of them hanging up in my apartment too! thumb.gif

104187_78bfcb0cf52407c7134288cf2403dea2.jpg
    clap.gifbowdown.gif
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2006
    agree
    Andy wrote:
    Prints, are what it's all about, to me. Sure, I love sharing online, and displaying electronically, but Oh The Prints!

Nothing like a big ol' print to gander at, that's for sure. I just saw some of my 11x14's today displayed for a portfolio show for a designer-- pretty darn cool to see someone else using them to show off their clothing designs. iloveyou.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+