Connection timed out and other problems this morning.

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited September 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I am trying to upload images and smugmug keeps timing out. I had to retry to upload the same 1 image to a gallery and after I drag and dropped it took about 1 second then to time out.

It finally upload and only took about 5 seconds to upload but I am uploading images to another gallery and it keeps timing out.

Is everything ok this morning from last nights upgrade?
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2006
    I was just about to post about this, because my site (and some other Smugmug sites I've tried) are completely down right now! Have they been down all morning?

http://frelow.smugmug.com
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    bham wrote:
    I am trying to upload images and smugmug keeps timing out. I had to retry to upload the same 1 image to a gallery and after I drag and dropped it took about 1 second then to time out.

It finally upload and only took about 5 seconds to upload but I am uploading images to another gallery and it keeps timing out.

Is everything ok this morning from last nights upgrade?

Now getting

An Error Was Encountered

java.io.IOException: Server returned an unrecognized response
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    DodgeV83 wrote:
    I was just about to post about this, because my site (and some other Smugmug sites I've tried) are completely down right now! Have they been down all morning?
    hard down hard down!! :uhoh
  • DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    back now :)
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    I know that the engineers are looking at these issues. Dodge, I just hit your site fine, should be up no problems. Let us know.
    bham wrote:
    Now getting

An Error Was Encountered

java.io.IOException: Server returned an unrecognized response
    Uploaders are being worked on. Stay tuned here for an update, thanks.
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    Uploaders are being worked on. Stay tuned here for an update, thanks.

Well 2 minutes after I posted I tried again and they are going well now. I haven't had an issue since.
    bham wrote:
    Well 2 minutes after I posted I tried again and they are going well now. I haven't had an issue since.
    Onethumb and Wireless will be happy to hear that. They climbed out of the sack and went back to work, there were some database issues that they fixed this morning. Let us know if there are any more problems, thanks for posting, and your patience!