Upload good news and bad news

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
edited September 16, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I just uploaded 15 files. The good news is that the uploading seemed to go faster than I ever recall seeing. The bad news is that the process was interrupted three times by Java socket-write exceptions. My upload log doesn't show any sign of problems. Anybody else notice something similar?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    I just uploaded 15 files. The good news is that the uploading seemed to go faster than I ever recall seeing. The bad news is that the process was interrupted three times by Java socket-write exceptions. My upload log doesn't show any sign of problems. Anybody else notice something similar?
    Hi richard,
    Send this off to help@smugmug.com so we can help you more rapidly, ok? Thanks.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    Andy wrote:
    Hi richard,
    Send this off to help@smugmug.com so we can help you more rapidly, ok? Thanks.

Done. Just thought I would check to see whether anyone else has had the same problem. Don't want to bug you guys with something that could be a problem on my own machine.

Cheers,
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Done. Just thought I would check to see whether anyone else has had the same problem. Don't want to bug you guys with something that could be a problem on my own machine.

Cheers,
    Either way, we want to help you, your machine or our end, it's no matter to us - YOU can't upload and that's our problem to help you with!
  • rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    Either way, we want to help you, your machine or our end, it's no matter to us - YOU can't upload and that's our problem to help you with!

Just noticed this thread - I've posted about a similar problem on another thread here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=42790
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 16, 2006
    rdlugosz wrote:
    Just noticed this thread - I've posted about a similar problem on another thread here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=42790
    Interesting...it didn't occur to me to do a tracert at the time. FWIW, I was not having any speed problems. Quite the contrary...when the upload was working it was zipping right along. OTOH, the symptoms were the same. headscratch.gif