Kids & their questions ..

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited September 17, 2006 in Holy Macro

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2006
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • pete wpete w Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    hehe
    rolleyes1.gif Amazing how kids can have that effect on you, one day they will find out and remember what you told them:D It's very tiring watching a movieclap.gif

Soooooo...intermission & my daughter asks me why the car in front is all foggy & how can they see the movie ?

I'm passing her coke & lollies (sweets) like a crazy man...anything i can see in front of me to change the subject...im even singing the theme song to the movie we just saw but nup...she wanted to know why people come to see a movie & then leave the windows up. I told her that maybe they were tired & went to sleep...that worked (sort of)
    Pete W
    Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
    Henri Cartier Bresson

www.pete-wraight.smugmug.com
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    gus wrote:
    Last time i went to the drive in i saw Caddy Shack from memory...seats are more comfortable though.
    rolleyes1.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2006
    gus wrote:
    We were driving past the one remaining drive-in the other day when my daughter asked me what it was. I stopped for a bit thinking she was having a lend of me then i realised that here is a whole generation that has missed going to the drive-in movies !!

So off we went last night to see 'hood winked'...i wanted to see 'nacho libre' but my only back up crossed the party room floor & voted against me.

This led me to experience (as scott shelby puts it) 'modern problems' We went to the cafe & apon return i hit the cars remote unlock button VOLLA ! the headlights did their 1 min entry thingy so now ive got 50 cars blowing their horns at me. Forget your speakers also as now you can just tune your radio in to a freq & listen to the movie that way.

Soooooo...intermission & my daughter asks me why the car in front is all foggy & how can they see the movie ?

Im passing her coke & lollies (sweets) like a crazy man...anything i can see in front of me to change the subject...im even singing the theme song to the movie we just saw but nup...she wanted to know why people come to see a movie & then leave the windows up. I told her that maybe they were tired & went to sleep...that worked (sort of)

I remember those........gawwwwwd you forget that DriveIns are not around any more.
    We went as kids and loved it, used to wind down that window and put the gosh awful big heavy dang speaker into the window and thought it was just bloody marvellous rolleyes1.gif .... however today with Surround Sound, and big screen TV's I'd rather stay home a watch a movie any day.

This generation is growing up not having used Cassettes either.
    So how old did you feel when your daughter told you she didnt know what a Drive In was rolleyes1.gif ..... yep we keep getting older and times keep changing.
    Good memories Gus.......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    They're getting hard to find in the Mid-West anymore. I saw a lonely one last week riding through Kansas.

Great series Gus.

We all used to get tired at the drive ins didn't we??:D :D
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    I remember i saw a movie in which aliens jump out of that screen and people run here and there :D
    Nice photos i saw thins kind of screen when i was in america :ivar
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery