This??? Ch 73???

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited September 17, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I looked at this and I got shivers...........don't know why, well, I like what I did, smile.

Then I thought and wondered, would it fit the challenge. I don't even have a title...........except it all came together in groups of three, kind of like "the shifting threes", three poles, three boats, three of this and three of that. What is one of three, simultaneously is one of three of another.

this is with the poster........haven't done that in forever. I like it here, though it doesn't have a thing to do with the challenge...but I like it.

95744503-L.jpg

On dailies, I called it The Waiting.......

ginger (oh well, nothing lost, nothing gained)

It doesn't work as well for me naked. So, it probably doesn't work.....
just a thought.
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2006
    It's a very nice picture, Ginger. The light is great, and I love the sailboat.... But nothing really screams "synchronicity" to me.
    Chris
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2006
    Lovely photo, Ginger, but I agree with Chris. I figure if the picture needs a lot of explanation for viewers to understand how it fits into the challenge theme it probably isn't a strong enough entry.

I like the poster treatment btw.

Virginia

Email
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    Well, I photographed this for hours with every card I have...........and everything came together to work in this ONE photo......... and only in this one photo. All the others were average or less, so far!

Kind of a ballet on water????

However, I did ask, you answered.

As I said, nothing lost.

Am not working on this specifically, mostly because I would not do it well to force it, what I see is what i photograph.

have to get dressed to go somewhere this AM very soon.

thanks,

ginger
  • Nick MorganNick Morgan Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    Ginger,

I looked straight to the image before reading your commentary and the first thing that struck me was the quality of visual coincidence because there appear to be three different kinds of shafts of the same color rising from the sea or horizon. The quality of coincidence, and not of synchrony, is what defines synchronicity. In that sense, I think your photo nicely captures synchronicity.

I also tried many shots of the traffic scene I found to be synchronicitous, and I too found that only in one of several were all the elements right at exactly the same time. If this seascape gave you chills, then it's probably the right image.

One doubt I have, and that the others might be responding to, is that the picture itself doesn't seem to indicate what the coincidence means, what it stands for, or what you took it to mean. You might be able to articulate that feeling by experimenting with photoshop. You could, for instance, zoom in more on the building at the horizon and the sail boat on the right, crop off the extra sky on top, and then simply cut and paste some of the spikes and boats and arrange them more tightly so there's less water space -- which is space that isn't really doing much work.

Or you could try any other number of things. But don't give up! I think this shot has real potential. :D
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    Hey Ginger,

Your patience really paid off with this photo. It is lovely. When thinking of it for the challenge, I must say from what I am seeing for entries and possible entries (some really nice photos, btw) sychronicity is being interpreted in lots of ways, most of which don't seem to me to fit the bill. (But then, I tend to read things more literally than most.) Your picture has the advantage of not being a photograph of purposeful synchroniized action. There is serendipity involved, which I think is a plus. Is more needed? I really don't know. ne_nau.gif So go with your gut in deciding whether or not to enter it.

Virginia

Email
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    Thanks, Virginia!

I don't think I will enter it, because I don't want to change it with cropping or anything. And also, there is little contrast in it for the most part, so it really does need the "frame" which is another point against it overall.

I do like it alot. I decided that in this case A + B came to together perfectly to make ABC

And I would have called it something like that. It almost has a math quality about it to me.

I shot a bunch of pelicans this morning fairly early. And I would never go out to shoot pelicans, but they were there. I didn't want to disturb them. I finally did..........I had to get by to get my main reason to be in that place, another shrimp baiting.

But when working up about 5 pelican shots, well, I just can't resist showing you all this. I won't enter it. I don't think there is anything compelling about it.......just a good shot of pelicans, smile. And there already is a very good shot of flying cool colored pelicans entered.

But here it is..............my pelicans synchronized. (another minus, there is an even number, should have been three or five, smile.)

95961230-L-1.jpg

There is something about a pelican!!! (Maybe I will enter it, it was a gorgeous morning. Will see how it holds up in my mind)

ginger
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    Great photos ginger, IMO the pelicans meet the challenge best.
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    Pelicans are much more in sync to my eye, Ginger! thumb.gif
    Chris