Praying Mantis

douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
edited September 17, 2006 in Holy Macro
Went out again today, couldnt get nothing to sit still. Chased a monarch butterfly across a stream and back 4 or 5 times, finally gave up. Decided to stop one more place and try, had better luck. Both shots hand held at F13, I like how they turned out better than yesterday at f22 from a tripod, thanks Brian!

95940852-L.jpg

95940850-L.jpg
Best regards,
douglas

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2006
    wonderful macro ! very nice
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    Really like the first one thumb.gif .....but do they ever open theirs eyes all the way......ne_nau.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    wonderful macro ! very nice

Thank you Awais!
    Best regards,
    douglas
    Art Scott wrote:
    Really like the first one thumb.gif .....but do they ever open theirs eyes all the way......ne_nau.gif

Thank you Art. Good point about thier eyes!
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    douglas wrote:
    Went out again today, couldnt get nothing to sit still. Chased a monarch butterfly across a stream and back 4 or 5 times, finally gave up. Decided to stop one more place and try, had better luck. Both shots hand held at F13, I like how they turned out better than yesterday at f22 from a tripod, thanks Brian!

Wow Doug, your Mantis looks a bit annoyed hehehe :D
    It's kinda like fishing when your looking for bugs, it's the thrill of the chase or the sneaking up on them, that in itself is quite a game and so time consuming.

Yep Brian's tips can really put a smile on your dial when you put them into action that's for sure. thumb.gif

Great post Doug............ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    Skippy wrote:
    Wow Doug, your Mantis looks a bit annoyed hehehe :D
    It's kinda like fishing when your looking for bugs, it's the thrill of the chase or the sneaking up on them, that in itself is quite a game and so time consuming.

Yep Brian's tips can really put a smile on your dial when you put them into action that's for sure. thumb.gif

Great post Doug............ Skippy (Australia)

Thank you Skippy, It was alot of fun!
    Best regards,
    douglas