Options

gif's?

orlcam2002orlcam2002 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 16, 2004 in SmugMug Support
I've been trying to upload a gif but when I view the original, it appears as a jpg. In the help page, it says it will not convert gif's. Why is it converting it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited December 11, 2004
    Hi Orlcam,

Can you point me to the photo it's converting? It shouldn't be converting gifs, so my guess is it believes it's something else for some reason.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    Hi Orlcam,

Can you point me to the photo it's converting? It shouldn't be converting gifs, so my guess is it believes it's something else for some reason.

Thanks,
    Baldy
    I couldn't attach the gif. It's too big.
    Here's the link to the jpg image: http://megacam.smugmug.com/photos/11770071-L.jpg
    What I just notice is the -L. Although it is the "original" it has a -L instead of a -O as is done in my other photos.

thanks.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2004
    I took a liberty
    to take a little test. I donloaded some GIF file from the 'Net and uploaded it to one of my test albums. What I noticed is that on the "share with friends, forums" page there is no link to the original picture, the biggest one is large.

I also set "allow originals" flag (after I uploaded gif) and tried to look at the original. I could not tell the name of the file, and I could not notice the difference.

Just FYI
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2004
    Thanks, that was it, I needed to "allow originals". Once I did that I was able to see the original gif. clap.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2004
    Kewl
    orlcam2002 wrote:
    Thanks, that was it, I needed to "allow originals". Once I did that I was able to see the original gif. clap.gif
    Glad you worked it out:-)thumb.gif

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"