some head shots (of the kids)

John DesjarlaisJohn Desjarlais Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited September 18, 2006 in People
Here's a few from today, all taken with 85mm f/1.8.

"It's not easy being mean" (my son, trying to look scary - indoor, natural light, f1.8). A bit grainy, but too much noise reduction lost detail.

95950364-M.jpg

Daughter - outside, thinking:
95985441-M.jpg

I played with an angled shot on this:
95985692-M.jpg

Thanks for looking, and comments encouraged, as always.
John Desjarlais
macrophile.smugmug.com

Comments

• windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2006
    Thanks for looking, and comments encouraged, as always.[/quote]
    im not here to critique, but to say id like to see your daughter's eyes. i suspect they are very expressive.
    all nice images IMHO.

troy
  • John DesjarlaisJohn Desjarlais Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    Thanks - and perhaps you'll discuss this problem with my daughter - she's very camera aware and has a habit of discretely averting her eyes whenever the camera's on her (maybe I should use a 600mm focal length?). But yes, she does have quite expressive eyes when you see them.
    John Desjarlais
    macrophile.smugmug.com
  • Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
    John~

These are wonderful, and I don't mind the noise in the first image. Photography like theater is very subjective. I look for what moves me and these pictures definitely do that. Thanks for sharing, the kids are beautiful, and you captured some precious shots.
    My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4
  • stephiewilliamsstephiewilliams Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2006
    Very nice, so often you see snapshot -ish photos of children...these are different :) I don't think there is too much noise in the first one. Sometimes for content we sacrifice perfection when it comes to quality. What the picture is of in this case is more important. My favorite is the second shot...
    Stephie
    "AMATEURS try till they get it right, PROS try till they cannot possibly get it wrong."

Gallery - http://stephaniewilliams.smugmug.com