Wasp on the Window (4 large imgs)

queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited September 18, 2006 in Holy Macro
I noticed this little bugger on my kitchen's greenhouse window this afternoon and snapped a few shots (okay, 70's more than a few... and I only stopped because my boyfriend wanted the popcorn I had started to make and I didn't wanna fry myself next to the microwave). The glass is super dirty (two stories up, I don't think anyone's ever been able to clean it). The only post-processing I've done has been to auto-contrast in PS -- no sharpening, no changing colors, etc. Some are handheld, some on a mini tripod. I couldn't tell you which, at this point.

96025271-L-1.jpg
Perhaps hesheit only wants a little bit of the popcorn.

96029682-L-1.jpg
To give a rough estimate of size, although my thumb is an inch or two closer to the camera, so adjust for the perspective. I sure was glad the glass was between us, though -- these things terrify me when they buzz by too close.

96032164-L-1.jpg
It wasn't 'til I was chimping to my bf in my living room that I noticed hesheit had been blowing bubbles! So much for my power of observation.

96036689-L-1.jpg
You looking at me? You lookin' at me?

Poor Dan (my bf). He thinks I'm nuts -- to get these shots I had to crawl up onto the counter and manuever into a weird, awkward position over the sink. I think he understands though; he suggested I use my mini-tripod when he saw what difficulty I was having, and then he ran to go get it for me.

For the rest of the photos, click here.

Comments