The web site's certificate is invalid

BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
edited September 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Really strange SSL error tonight. I haven't tried duplicating this, however here is what I was doing:

1) Created a new gallery
2) At the upload photos page, I clicked on the link to go to the gallery because I wanted to change it from public view. I believe I did this before the java uploader had finished starting.
3) The following error dialogs popped up (Firefox 1.5.0.6 on Windows XP SP2)
4) After I clicked through the dialogs, I was able to go to customize gallery.
Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2006
    Let us know if you can recreate. We cannot, we tried.

Thanks!
  • flyingpointflyingpoint Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    Same here...
    Andy -

For what it's worth, I got the exact same error last night. Created new gallery, used the java uploader, XP SP2, firefox.

I've got some more shots to upload tonight. I'll try and recreate.
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    I was able to duplicate it this morning on my computer at work.

A created a new gallery and the error dialog pops up when the java universal uploading finishes starting. I tried creating a second gallery immediately afterwords and the error would not occur a second time. Browser is Firefox 1.0.5.6 on Windows XP SP2.

I just attempted duplicating it in IE and I didn't get the error. I did notice that when created a new gallery via IE I was prompted to select an upload method (5 ways to upload). I was taken directly to the univeral uploader in FF.

Ah, I just got the SSL certificate error in IE. After the universal loader finished starting, I attempted to go back (pressing the browser back button). A "secure and non-secure items on this page" dialog popped up, I answered no. The universal upload page was redisplayed leaving the java box empty. I pressed the back button again and the "web site certificate is invalid" dialog was displayed.

Some additional notes:

1) The java universal drag & drop uploader is taking a LONG time to start up the first time this morning under both Firefox and IE.

2) When logging in under IE, the "your logged in" page automatic redirect displayed on home page without any indication of being logged in. So I selected the login link again and the "your logged in" page redisplayed. This time the auto redirect displayed the logged in home page. This was probably a load balancer/caching issue.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    Same Here
    Andy -

For what it's worth, I got the exact same error last night. Created new gallery, used the java uploader, XP SP2, firefox.

I've got some more shots to upload tonight. I'll try and recreate.

As of 9:45 am Monday morning (PDT)...using IE...got the same screen as the initial poster did after creating a new gallery and trying to use the universal uploader.
  • papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    AND NOW IT's UPLOADING!
    papajay wrote:
    As of 9:45 am Monday morning...using IE...got the same screen as the initial poster did after creating a new gallery and trying to use the universal uploader.

Tried it again just now (9:50 am Monday PDT)...it's uploading "normally" (for the moment at least).